Thread: Office Outlook Not Working

hi, looking for a XP genius please...
    Whenever I go to "send/recieve" mail using outlook I get a whole lot of errors during the process and ultimately it doesnt do crap anymore.
    Is there anything I may have disabled in services that may need to be enabled?or proxy settings etc may be interferring with the way Outlook connects...ive used another pop3 mail client and it connects to the mail server and downloads the mail etc so theres nothing wrong with my ISps mailserver

Cheers for any suggestions or solutions

PS...im hoping Muscleman or Shn solve this one cause it happened once before to me and it took me months to work out what it was

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You are talking about Outlook Express here I hope and not Microsoft Outlook. Can you post the screenshot of the errors you get? Looking at the errors we can tell exactly whats missing or what went wrong.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Its probably just a minor glitch that you overlooked in the acount settings. Have you changed the settings recently?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    its Microsoft Outlook, not the express.
    I havent changed the settings cause this is on a fresh install on Windows and ill post a screenshot shortly,just gotta find my screenshot program and install it.
    I can connect to my mail server and preview my mail with "Mailwasher" using my current settings but im unable to connect with Office Outlook

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Java Boy@5 February 2004 - 22:04
    its Microsoft Outlook, not the express.
    I havent changed the settings cause this is on a fresh install on Windows and ill post a screenshot shortly,just gotta find my screenshot program and install it.
    I can connect to my mail server and preview my mail with "Mailwasher" using my current settings but im unable to connect with Office Outlook
    For Screenshot

PrntScrn
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Heres a screenshot of the error messages Im getting
    PS thanks I.Am..i forgot about the built in screenshots

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Got it sorted..
    It was a simple matter of reinstalling OUtlook Express..
    When I installed Windows , i used a program named XPLite to remove all of the un-needed junk that windows packages it self with(games,utility manager,fonts,WMP Tour,Oobe,windows tour etc)
    and anyway when i uninstalled Outlook Express through this program it took out all of the support that Office Outlook relys on from Outlook express..
    sorted now...
    Thanks for ya time peoples

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    No problem. Glad its sorted.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I never would have even guessed that Outlook relies alittle on OE. I would have uninstalled the damn software too if I were using Outlook.