Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Wear Slippers?

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by Marius24+6 February 2004 - 18:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 @ 6 February 2004 - 18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@6 February 2004 - 18:48
    Still as the policemen say nowadays. "the insurance will pay for it".
    Unless its an act of god [/b][/quote]
    Hehe yea I heard God loves munching carpet

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by bigboab+6 February 2004 - 19:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 6 February 2004 - 19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arcadia@6 February 2004 - 18:46
    I&#39;ve had to start wearing them today due to a missing carpet ...it is most peculiar
    When exactly did this carpet go missing Arcadia? If my carpets started going missing I would be more worried about that than wearing slippers.

Still as the policemen say nowadays. "the insurance will pay for it". [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m not sure ...one minute it was there and the next, it was gone. It was pretty old and has had plenty of use, perhaps its moved on to a better place

3. Lounge   -   #13
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You will catch the culprit no doubt. Carpetbaggers are a special breed. You need a flair* to steal carpets.

* Scottish colloquialism for floor.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by bigboab@6 February 2004 - 20:36
    You will catch the culprit no doubt. Carpetbaggers are a special breed. You need a flair* to steal carpets. &nbsp; &nbsp;

* Scottish colloquialism for floor.
    So it was probably a Scottish guy?

edit: you seem to know a lot about this bigboab ...perhaps a little too much

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    FTC Uses Existing Law to Attack Slippers

While the states pass new laws to outlaw unsolicited commercial lounge footwear (otherwise referred to as "Slippers") and Congress contemplates passage of federal legislation, the Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") is aggressively targeting Slippers using laws already in place.
    The FTC announced its latest actions on April 2, 2002, as part of an ongoing law enforcement sweep involving eight state and four Canadian agencies. The FTC initiated four of the 63 lawsuits comprising the sweep. The officials also sent more than 500 warning letters to potential law violators. The group&#39;s activity follows up similar efforts announced earlier in February 2002.
    The FTC challenges deceptive or unfair trade practices that are prohibited by the FTC Act. Under the Act, Slippers are illegal because they contains deceptive representations, such as promises to earn money or miracle cures. State governments, on the other hand, have passed laws that make Slippers illegal even if they do not contain deceptive statements. For example, under some state laws lounge footwear sent in bulk with the subject line, "Buy this product," would violate the law. Under the FTC Act, lounge footwear would not be illegal if there really was a product offered for sale of that nature.
    As a part of the campaign, the FTC appears to be pushing the regulatory envelope by suggesting that unsubscribe links that do not work may violate the FTC Act. [REDUNDANT] In contrast, it took specific legislation in several states, such as California and Delaware, to make similar practices illegal.
    The FTC&#39;s efforts against Slippers are sure to continue. FTC representatives, including Chairman Muris, have repeatedly emphasized that Slippers are a priority for this administration.

There&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;team&#39;. But then there&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;useless smug colleague&#39;, either.
    And there&#39;s four in &#39;platitude-quoting idiot&#39;. Go figure.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i wear slipper socks ...
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

7. Lounge   -   #17
    BANNED
    i wear slippers sometimes

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Samurai@6 February 2004 - 14:43
    God no. Either barefoot, or trainers.
    Trainers? Are you just learning how to walk?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I have Shaun the Sheep slippers.
    Me loves &#39;em.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I hate socks and slippers
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast