Thread: Control Panel + Firewall

Hi is there any way to remove one of the icons in the control panel becasue i got one called Nero Image Drive and it does not work plus i have to nero software installed.

Also do you know of a good, RELIABLE firewall which i can download which is FREE i state FREE I currently have zone alarm pro but that is giving me all kinds of errors and problems.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/do...s/powertoys.asp

You Need TweakUI

Oh yeah I did not see your firewall question..............sorry. I really dont know because I dont use software firewalls. There are many threads in the forum regarding software firewalls. Just take a quick peek around and youll see some

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you could look in the windows folder and find out which file opens the one for nero, it is ******.cpl where ****** is the name of the file that starts that control panel program. Then you could delete it.

Oh yeah and for the fire wall use black ice

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Flametongue@7 February 2004 - 02:31
    Hi is there any way to remove one of the icons in the control panel becasue i got one called Nero Image Drive and it does not work plus i have to nero software installed.

Also do you know of a good, RELIABLE firewall which i can download which is FREE i state FREE I currently have zone alarm pro but that is giving me all kinds of errors and problems.

Thanks
    Firewalls...You can find alot of them.
    The best is Sygate personal firewall definitly and recommended by all ppl who have a functioning organ called brain. Outpost is completely free, but I dunno how it is, because I have not tried that program. I'm using sygate. I might b wrong...
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::