Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sprockette

SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    Hmm... Very nice clocker... Right now in my test rig i am running the thermaltake aqaurios 2... you were right to pick WC, it will stay in the middle of all temps... the radiater the room, and the CPU no matter what it will be the average temp for al those... That is the result of the charecteristics of water. Hence it should be very stable...

4 fans in tandemn what cfm you think you are cranking?? i found that somethimes the fans would actually just bog down the other fans... Wondering how yours is doing.

Very nice temps tooo Test rig while overclocked very moseratly gets to 40-45 c but then 30 idle... Course the ambient temps here are 39c hehehe pretty damn hot... my dad needs it that way for something.. hehehe Very nice clocker keep this up, looking very nice so far.

As for you poeple complaining about money get your but of da computer and get a job...

Also Clocker, if heat really becomes and issue, I have adapted my system in this way to use the Thermaltake Aqaurios set up... OK, Firstly i have the normal set up, then i have a tree off (tube fork 1 to 3) on the input and have the aqaurios getting some, the other 2 going of to twin dishwacher pumps (had some lieing around.. put them to use...) whi;le they are loud i have a circut that only turns them on and ups the revs as the heat starts to get higher.. it actually has for me helped quite a bit...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Clocker, why did you take your stuff out of the Thermaltake case and put it into the smaller case?

P.S. New board kinda sucks..it dont even take up the whole screen..grrr
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Clocker, why did you take your stuff out of the Thermaltake case and put it into the smaller case?

P.S. New board kinda sucks..it dont even take up the whole screen..grrr
    Clocker is expiramenting with smaller cases... Smaller amount of air etc...
    He doesn't like the thermaltake case that much...
    And finally why does the board need to take up the whole screen?? As far as photography goews he simply isn't as close as before... hence it appears smaller, keep inmind that he still has the sme componets...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    SciMan...
    There are only two fans on the radiator...the two clear things on either side of the rad are gutted fans that act as spacers to help eliminate the dead spots. Seems to work quite well.

BigDawg...
    Al is partially correct, I did want to see how a smaller case would work for me.With water cooling the case airflow is no longer that big an issue.
    The other reason is that the Xaser just pissed me off. The design/build quality is absolutely pathetic, far outclassed by this generic cheap case.
    Thermaltake spent a lot of energy ( and money, I assume) on features that either didn't work ( the card slots...AGP and PCI...have this locking device that is supposed to eliminate the retaining screw, but won't work with the cards that I had) or didn't make any sense at all ( the lower drive cages are separate and rotated 90 degrees off the case axis, which makes all the wiring very weird).

I made a huge mistake buying it and have learned my lesson.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    SciMan...
    There are only two fans on the radiator...the two clear things on either side of the rad are gutted fans that act as spacers to help eliminate the dead spots. Seems to work quite well.
    cool never thought about that... hmm... i may try that...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123