Thread: Just Receive A Cd Burner

Poster
    okya, i just got a new cd burner and i installed it. powered up and put a cd in there to test it....and the drive is workign but no audio? wtf....if i take a pair of headphones and plug it into the headphones jack on teh cd burner, i can hear the music, but if i plug it into the jack on the comp, its nothing. is it becuz i connected the audio cable from teh cd burner to my "cd1" header on my mobo?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    if you are using windows media player then there is a setting in tools>options to select digital audio or analog audio, make it digital and then you will get your sound and if it works it is a problem with the header on the mobo, the wire or the plug on the back of the cd drive for your anolog audio.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah thats the only thought that comes to mind, other than that, pull out ide & plug em back in.

also check you have the audio out cable to your sound card

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    yeah he said he does have the sound cable to the motherboard...actually just realized, are you using the onboard sound or a sound card? because if you are using a sound cars it shoudl be hooked up to tha not the mobo.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    yea im usign onboard. k now to fix it. ty rossco