Thread: Kaiweiler Needs Help

Poster
    Hey Kaiweiler is having some trouble.... Here's what he told me.
    alright, just post on the board
    whenever i try to open the net or klite or icq or anything it always tries to connect then just says is not responding, cuz theres no connection...
    msn works, just not klite, the net, icq, outlook, or anything else that need a connection, just msn
    and that it says that i am connected in my network places
    He thinks it may have been from a new version of ICQ he dl'ed but he deleted that...
    Anyway he can fix it?
    -BiG_aL

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Hey it's me lol
    no my net still doesnt work, I am on a laptop that is also connected to the same network, so its not the network connection, and also it says that i am actually connected in my network places, and I must be, as msn messenger works, just not the net, icq, klite, outlook, or anything else that requires a connection, just msn works which is very odd. I am using sygate pro as well, but that all seems to be under control, i have no viruses or spyware either as i just scanned with AVG, spybot, and adaware.
    I did however just open my case and disconnect all my wires and everything from the back of my comp to change a fan from an intake to an output, but that just involved switching the direction of it, nothing serious at all and i am familiar witht he inside of my comp, as i did build it myself, so i don't think i made a mistake there. but after that my internet doesnt work?? and i connected everything back again. also i did try shutdown, unplugging my ethernet, restarting, plugging back in etc, wih no avail, any ideas people??
    Kai
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@7 February 2004 - 20:02
    Hey it's me lol
    no my net still doesnt work, I am on a laptop that is also connected to the same network, so its not the network connection, and also it says that i am actually connected in my network places, and I must be, as msn messenger works, just not the net, icq, klite, outlook, or anything else that requires a connection, just msn works which is very odd. I am using sygate pro as well, but that all seems to be under control, i have no viruses or spyware either as i just scanned with AVG, spybot, and adaware.
    I did however just open my case and disconnect all my wires and everything from the back of my comp to change a fan from an intake to an output, but that just involved switching the direction of it, nothing serious at all and i am familiar witht he inside of my comp, as i did build it myself, so i don't think i made a mistake there. but after that my internet doesnt work?? and i connected everything back again. also i did try shutdown, unplugging my ethernet, restarting, plugging back in etc, wih no avail, any ideas people??
    Kai
    Kai, do you have a router?

sometimes when a pc is taken off line for maintenance/repairs

and then is placed back into service, the router does not see it

and will not connect( this added pc )it to the internet. To fix this, just power off the router for

a short time and then power back up. The router will then see all pc's

connected.

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    look under the connections folder and click your connection and see what network services are running, if there are any that arent familiar to you then uninstall them by right clicking and going to uninstall. you can also try looking in your services (start>run>serices.msc) and se if there are any unusual ones oe any that look as though theyve been turned off but are needed. check for viruses and spyware also. other than that my only idea is to try reinstalling tcp\ip and then if not that then do a repair install of windows.

good luck man!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    h1
    Try searching for malware. You should also try reinstalling all your drivers.