Thread: Opening Downloaded Material

Thanks, in advance to anyone who can help!

I am new at this so bear with me. Downloaded Photoshop CS but once downloaded I cannot open it. Screen just flashes and it looks like a command window opens for one second and that's it. Any ideas?

Will it help if I tell you that the icon on the left of the downloaded program looks like a mini window? No problems with downloaded music, by the way.

Much appreciated!

Chatrang

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    What's the file extension?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Old Fella
    Man, hope you virus checked first! If not do so NOW
    Is there more than 1 file, is there any read me files which may have info on how to set up? You may need to run a setup or reg file first before installing.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Gurahl@8 February 2004 - 17:06
    What's the file extension?
    Thx vry much to the two people who answered. The file that I downloaded is not infected (I have the latest definitions and I also re-scanned the file itself to make sure). It is sitting in the 'shared folder' and when I right click 'properties' it tells me that it is 152MB and has an exe. on the end of it. However, when I look at it sitting in my 'shared folder' here is what I see: on its left hand side is an icon that looks like a small window (outlined in blue strips with a white middle and three dots at top right in the blue strip) and when I click on this 'window' nothing happens. In fact, when I first searched on Kazaa for this file I got a huge number of results; however, all the results had this little window on the left hand side. So, I had no problems downloading the file but can do nothing with it. I simply cannot open it. I tried downloading the same file from other users but got the same results.

Many thnx for all you can do....

Chatrang

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by chatrang@8 February 2004 - 20:12
    on its left hand side is an icon that looks like a small window (outlined in blue strips with a white middle and three dots at top right in the blue strip)
    You mean, like this one ?

Have you tried right clicking on it, choosing "open with..." and "look for the appropriate program on the web"?

If may also be one of these stupid files with a "double extension (like .zip.exe) so you'll have to try to change the extension to .zip or .rar or .ace... Just be sure to copy it in another folder just in case something goes wrong...