Thread: Dvd To Kvcd Using Acp

I know its supposed to be the "one click" answer to DVD->Kvcd, but I was wondering, what settings could I change (or should I even change the settings?) to increase the quality of the movie? Would adjusting the bitrates help at all or is that adjusted automatically for the best quality when you start the rip/encoding of ACP?

Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    you can play with the bitrates to your hearts content in order to up the size, hence quality

or you can play with the aspect ratio if burning to kvcd (kdvcd has restrictions)
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well i changed the aspect ration (or resolution) to the specifications that will play on my DVD player (listed on that KVCD site). Will changing the bitrate effect filesize though, or will the "fit cd to 80&#39;" setting take care of that automatically for me?

Thanks for the reply

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ah, k...it will kinda do the bitrate for you automatically, if you check prediction -

in CQ_VBR what it does is it tries the settings you put then changes the "constant quality" until it gets it right, if it tries Q 100 and then its still too small, it ups the lower bitrate until it gets it etc.

i forgot about prediction, cos i uncheck it for dvd-r writing
    <insert signature here>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i forgot about prediction, cos i uncheck it for dvd-r writing
    Well well, aren&#39;t you special. I don&#39;t have a dvd burner yet
    Thanks for clearing it up for me&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    wow gone one day and all these kvcd questions
    yes it does everything for you, it will make it as big as will fit on a cdr typically 800mb
    but don&#39;t worry, it will fit on a normal 700mb cdr doesn&#39;t make sense but trust me it will fit

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Oh, i know it fits. I&#39;ve made one before using ACP, but was just wondering if tampering with the bitrate will throw off the filesize (and override the automatic file size limiter to make it fit on a 80&#39; cdr). Apparently ACP will try its best to meet my settings and still fit the filesize. Pretty sweet

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by muchspl2@8 February 2004 - 19:41
    wow gone one day and all these kvcd questions
    yes it does everything for you, it will make it as big as will fit on a cdr typically 800mb
    but don&#39;t worry, it will fit on a normal 700mb cdr doesn&#39;t make sense but trust me it will fit
    ive been trying to guide em all as best as poss while you werent here mate

and yeah, it is prettty cool - i think its by far the easiest way to encode - the only real alternative is avs scripts and manual predictions and all manner of complicated stuff
    <insert signature here>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    real alternative is avs scripts and manual predictions and all manner of complicated stuff&nbsp;
    Lol, exactly.
    Thanks for the help guys.