Thread: Anyone Know What The Real Size Of Doom 3 ?

kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    If anyone knows the size of the Real Doom 3 game for Pc

Can you please post it here?

Or if there is an verified link i would also appreciate It

only the fastrack network tho......

CHEERS

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    the only thing out its the very early alpha. and that thing can be a bitch to run no matter how fast your system is. but it should be around 315 to 350 MB's big, anything around their should be realy.

3. Games   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    376 mb last i heard. i tweaked it (get the v 1.2 patch, can't tell u where to get it, just go to google and type in doom3 tweak patch). i'm getting around 34 fps average with somethings turned down, i still have shadows on and am running it at 1024x768 wit my 9600 pro. i've seen this game going down to 1 fps at times on my system . here, try these tweaks:

start the game up, and hit the console key (~)

-seta r_varmegs x (x is the amount of half of your ram, if your total ram was 512, then it would read: seta r_varmegs 256)

r_useStandardGL 1
    r_shadows 0 (turns off shadows, drastic change in frame rates, but without this feature on, the game's not worth it)
    r_useTurboShadow 0
    AutosaveMinutes 0
    alwaysUseCache 1
    s_noUpdates 0
    s_cacheAlwaysload 1
    s_cacheSize 192
    r_colorbits 16 (after u type this in and hit enter, type in vid_restart then hit enter for it to take affect)

and last but not least:

r_mode 1
    r_mode 2
    r_mode 3
    r_mode 4

these r_mode's change your game resolution, if u have a crap computer, stick with r_mode 1 or 2, after typing it in, remember to type in vid_restart for it to take affect. and for god's sake ppl, remember to hit enter after u type in the console codes, geez, i hate n00bs that say "i typed in the commands, nothing seems to be working" , ah, dumass, did u remember to hit enter after u typed in each code? lol, i hate n00bs. hope this comes in handy to someone.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    it called suprnova and bt

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@8 February 2004 - 16:36
    now see here guys, this is how stupid i am for writing that whole paragraph (last post) when i could've just put suprnova/bt

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by cpt_azad+9 February 2004 - 04:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 9 February 2004 - 04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@8 February 2004 - 16:36
    now see here guys, this is how stupid i am for writing that whole paragraph (last post) when i could&#39;ve just put suprnova/bt [/b][/quote]

This game is gonna be awsome when the full version comes out

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini+8 February 2004 - 20:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Gemini @ 8 February 2004 - 20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@9 February 2004 - 04:59
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @8 February 2004 - 16:36

now see here guys, this is how stupid i am for writing that whole paragraph (last post) when i could&#39;ve just put suprnova/bt

This game is gonna be awsome when the full version comes out [/b][/quote]
    damn straight