Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Ipb Default Skin

Why do some people think that their opinion always equals that of the vast majority of people? This will only lead to your opinions being ignored.

The people who complain the most about the community getting worse in fact are probably one of the root causes for the unfriendly environment.

My 2 cents.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Error403@9 February 2004 - 18:29
    Why do some people think that their opinion always equals that of the vast majority of people? This will only lead to your opinions being ignored.

The people who complain the most about the community getting worse in fact are probably one of the root causes for the unfriendly environment.

My 2 cents.
    When you stop listening to peoples opinion, then what becomes of a community?

Now understand, I am not a tree hugger, but let's take enviromentalists for example, the go out preaching in the street, protesting and what not. Now if I would take to heart what you said, no one should listen to them because they believe everyone thinks like they do, when in fact they are demonastrating one of the wonders of being an individual. Or, let's ignore the religions of the world, they think they have the answers as well.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Poster
    Nobody stopped listening to the community. I just stopped to listen to people who instantly start attacks if they don't like changes.

Believe it or not but there are more happy members than unhappy ones. Hell... I even receive PM's telling me things like:

"Sorry I cannot post in public cause haters will flame me but you all did a great job and I love the new areas and design"

Now where is the real problem ? I think it is very sad that the majority of people are scared to post just because they cannot accept changes.

Maybe you are right and I am the asshole doing whatever I want but maybe I decide some things because it is better for the majority ? Maybe because it is easier to release new skins based on events like halloween / xmas / eastern without having to deal with more skins if new features or links are added ?

Sure it's easy to add 100 skins but who has to make the changes if there are 100 skins and there is one little update ? Yes you got it I am the one but I don't complain cause with 5 or 6 skins (incl. event skins) I have it under control

Think about it

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I just want my Green Smiley back as a Post Icon.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by 7thElement@9 February 2004 - 18:52
    Believe it or not but there are more happy members than unhappy ones. Hell... I even receive PM's telling me things like:

"Sorry I cannot post in public cause haters will flame me but you all did a great job and I love the new areas and design"
    That was exactly what happened to me. I said i liked the changes and got flamed - not like i care though B)

The default skin sucks! stick with this new nice one

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    I am not talking about 100 skins. The big complaint that I see, ignoring all the blatant "such snd such is dieing threads" is with the skin, I understand you want to have that "branded look", but what harm is it to have a skin that is not 800 x 600? I know you have stated that the standard is still this, and that is cool, leave it in, but how is it a lot of work to have 1 that is not, I mean you have 3 skins currently, but they are all this look just with different colors. You say 5 or 6 skins isn't a problem to handle, so that makes your current 3 skins, 1 larger sized skin, and a special occasion skin (christmas or whatever).

P.S. give FC back his green icon, so he can stfu,

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    {P}{S}{Y}{C}{O}
    Yea one damn skin geez

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot@9 February 2004 - 14:05
    P.S. give FC back his green icon, so he can stfu,
    Nice to have you back.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Nice to be back sir, just gotta get used to a few changes

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    {P}{S}{Y}{C}{O}
    Lets see now he is asking for the default skinback HOLY CRAP! the default skin i mean he is asking for the world with this request oh and lets see this one skin was requested how the hell does that transulate to haveing 100 skins thats why so many people complain and why flameing starts people just mak too big of deal of it there are 2 simple requests 1 default skin 2 green icon heck i coulda made those changes in my sleep at my board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast