Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 46th Annual Grammy Awards

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Nobody Posted any Threads this Week about this?What is going on around here?

And what the hell are Christina aguilera and Justin timberlake doing winning Awards at a Show like this? :helpsmile:

Maybe nobody Posted any Threads because nobody cares.Or maybe it is true.Us Americans are the Minority on this Forum and this was our Show.

But I tell you why nobody Posted any Threads.Because the RIAA has picked out Artist that will help them sell Albums after the Show.

This is the age we live in.We have hurt everything that has to do with Music.We are Pirates and it makes me sick to my stomach when I know I had a part in some of it.

2. Music   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I basiclly yeah don't care

it's all crap

3. Music   -   #3

Personally, I dont watch ANY award shows. They are so contrived and there is too many commercials. I'm also dubious of the "award" itself. What is it based on? who votes?

but admitedly, I did watch a coupla segments; i.e. - White Stripes (pretty good) and Samuel L Jackson introducting some Funk - Earth Wind and Fire (great), with Outcast (great) and George Clinton (my hero) - he's lost none of this funk.

So, yeah, ho hum.

4. Music   -   #4
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 February 2004 - 00:17
    And what the hell are Christina aguilera and Justin timberlake doing winning Awards at a Show like this? :helpsmile:
    well, if you can get around any prejudice you might have against justin timberlake or people who buy his music... his album was pretty good? the guy actually had the good taste to hire a bunch of top notch songwriters & producers to help him put together a solid pop album.

i think outkast rightfully won the best album award though. out of all the mainstream acts around right now, they deserve the praise more than any of 'em.

is this just an "i'm too cool to listen to mainstream music" thing?

5. Music   -   #5
    I think you Americans may be the minority, as you said.....

I for one have noticed alot of australians on this forum. And we seem to have a huge aversion to anything american (no offense, seriously) so its entirely possible that no one cares.

god bless america for bringing me Tool. But besides that....

(funkycapricorn, don't hurt me )

6. Music   -   #6
    muchspl2
    I didn't watch it but was hoping for outkast to win a few I think they only got cd of the year
    but I herd 50 cent pulled a zoolander
    like he went to collect a award and he didn't win, still looking for a vid or screen cap, sounds funny as hell
    I wonder if he yelled gggggggggggg g-unit

7. Music   -   #7
    This says the majority are Americans http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=1710719

Maybe Americans are just quite

8. Music   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Your kidding em that outcast shit won??

blah

9. Music   -   #9
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I actually watched the grammy's but dont really give a shit about it that much to write anything about it (up untill now)...i dunno...i even been watching american idol 3...and im an Australian...theres just something that makes me wanna watch it...most probally seeing people get shut down totally brings a smile to my otherwise emotionless face...i actually really enjoyed watching the coca-cola live and local band search...there's some pretty good underground aussie bands that are gonna make it big someday *hopefully if they are like jet, then they will go overseas and stay there* (sorry i will stop paying out jet one day)...but yeah i was so confused about the 50 cent thing when it happened...you see Evanescence go up and get the award...then you see 50 Cent walk on stage and down the stairs...it was so fucking funny...serves the bitch right *hehehe* (hey i payed out a (poser) rock band so i can pay out a (poser) rapper)...so dont go start your rock vs rap bitchin...but yeah the grammy's are worthless anyways...like most award shows...in the end its judged by 50 year olds with no clue what decent music is...i would rather win awards decided by fans

Laters
    Cely :music1:

10. Music   -   #10
    muchspl2
    so its true, damn I got to find a vid of that shit

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast