Thread: Bs Player Problem.....

Everytime I start up BS Player, all of the file types are unchecked, even after I checked "Register Player Extensions At Start". Why does it continually uncheck all the file types??

BUT....thats not the main problem....the issue is, everytime I play an AVI video BS Player keeps crashing....same thing goes for Media Player Classic and DivX. I know that AVIs can be corrupted sometimes, but ALL of my AVI files keep crashing...the only file type that plays really well is MPEG1. I have the latest K-Lite codec pack, and my media players are up to date. So, how can I fix this problem? Forgive me and all....my knowledge of codecs and crap are not too broad....please help....thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    if you have the latest codec is it 220 or something like that, some users have had isssues like these with that version, revert back to 210 and see if that helps

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Please tell me you dont habe Windows ME.
    The only problems I've seen with BSPlayer were with ME.
    Well, have you tried reinstalling BSPLayer?

You said you're using the latest BSPlayer, so you have version 1.00 build 805, right? The last time I heard, it was still build 803.
    When you installed the codec pack, did you have any other codec packs, or media players already installed?
    Did you install anything over any other player?
    Like whenever there's an update for a media player and the codec pack is updated to it, I update the player without waiting for the codec packs, but I uninstall and reinstall except without that player. Did you do this and install over something else?

These are all I can think of at the moment. Hey, did you ever get the Nero BackItUp problem fixed. I made a comment, but you never responded.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    WINDOWS ME?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; OMG&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; SHIT NO&#33;&#33;&#33;

I got XP Pro SP1.

I think the reason BS Player keeps crashing is because I have 2 BS Players Installed; one from the K-Lite Codec Pack and one from the offical BS Player site. Yeah...all my codecs are up to date and all.......I just cant figure out why this is occuring.....

Sorry I didnt respond to you before Xero....no....the Backitup problem didnt get fixed.
    I&#39;ve learned to never again use a shitty backup program like Nero Backitup....what a fucking joke.....anyways....I&#39;ve been spending about a week getting all my apps and mp3s back...I guess Im halfway done, but its a real pain in the ass .

Thanks for your concern Xero.

Now, on to this damn codec problem once again....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well...um....are there any more suggestions?

Even Windows Media Player 9 crashes when I play a damn WMV file....do I have to install Direct X 9 or something?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well, you should have directX 9 either way.
    But uninstall all the players and the codec pack, quicktime (alternative), Real Player (Alternative), and install The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack It&#39;s still in testing, but a new version was just released and it works fine.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thanks.

If theres another problem, I&#39;ll respond.