Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Start To Hate Filesharing

Also do you have a firewall, you shouldnt go without one
    This ones free
    http://www.kerio.com/kpf_download.html

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    I use Norton which runs in the background, Ad-Aware Professional after I install a program usually along with Spy Bot S&D. They didn't detect the trojan that I had and neither did Norton. I use Black Ice Firewall. Thanks for the info. A lot of people say that AVG is better than Norton. I also hear that Norton is better than AVG. I had AVG on my other machine and it worked perfectly for me. Every once in awhile I use TrendMicro which is free for online virus scanning if you go to the webpage. I haven't used it in a while but I am going to use it this afternoon. I have a lot of homework to do for college which is due tonight so I have to wait a bit to do another virus scan. Norton says I'm clean, SpyBot S&D says I'm clean, Ad-Aware Pro says clean, along with A2 Personal (an anti trojan program). I think I'm good for now. I have to get this hw done so I won't get a bad grade. I am currently a sophmore and I am carring a 4.0. I don't want to let my grade slip.

See this post for more info about the problem. Need A New Hub, Any Volunteers

I used A2 Personal and I found trojandropper.win32.exe I looked it up on google, hotbot, ask jeves, and lycos but I didn't find the specified trojan. I got this trojan from ODC. From now on I am doing a trojan scan every few days. Also A2 Personal automatically updates for new trojans and runs in the background. I am definately keeping this program. I spoke to my isp also and they told me that they will put my connection back up but they recomend that I get a corporate account since I stream about 400 KB. It flunctuates but that is about average as of now. They told me that I am filling up their pipes with my connection. If they have another problem I am going to a corporate account so I can do anything I want with it with no problems. Btw it cost way more so thats why they are wanting me to go to it I think.

My machine is now cleaned. I am happy for this moment.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by bogaaa@9 February 2004 - 15:53
    Every damn thing sucks big time.
    Kazaa (lite) is corrupted as hell
    BT peers dont like to share / Trackers suck sometimes
    DC ++ requires 50 Terabyte shared files before you can participate
    Emule is slower then a 80 year old lady in traffic
    1000000 on que with IRc

Maybe we are better off buying stuff?
    Just do whatever you think is right -OR- what you like doing.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    I have tried many different file-sharing programs, and for the most part, they blow

kazaa lite is the best one, and downloading music is easy but when it comes to movies and games, there are not enough people with good connections who are sharing and more often than not, it goes really really slow

I wish there was some way we could only allow those who share to download stuff

BTW why dont' people just upgrade to cable or dsl??? it's a whopping maybe 10 15 more dollars

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    I dunno. I have found Overnet the best for new releases. I haven't used Kazaa Lite Resurection in over a week. I have been on Overnet for quite a while now. I have only found one fake in my dl's. Watch out thought because there are a lot of fakes. Try to use only verified links. I often find a movie I am downlloading while I check my sources called ex: real name: bad santa... name from some of my sources: girls gone wild, girls gone wild 2, the 25th hours, exc.

I don't know how Overnet finds out what is the same file out of all that you are dl but it seems to work well. I'm just hoping that Overnet doesn't accidentally dl many parts of many movies as one movie since their are a lot of fakes. Just be careful. I have not dl any real and fake parts as one movie. I'm hoping that I don't . I usually find all the movies that are in theatres on Overnet along with some dvd releases and older films. You have to be patient though. I recomend having your pc up 24/7 to dl and share so everyone has good sources. I am thinking about making a ed2k links page for people using this board. I have 2 domains but I haven't had time to create a board for it for my domain. If you can help please tell me. I work full time + I am a full time college student. I am very buisy. I usually just watch about 3 movies or so when I get a chance like on Sat or so if I'm not @ work. Overnet seems to be the best. I have tried just about all of the other clean versions of diff. file sharing apps.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123