Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Oh I Give Up

  1. #1
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,396
    well, heres how it goes:

    yesterday i went to crackheaven.com and tried to download a crack, i had to accept something but after i clicked "yes" i cancelled it.

    now, wenever i turn on my PC, the only thing that works is the internet, and even thats not 100% perfect...
    i tried deletingthis thing on safemode, and did a virus scan...

    nothing.

    what do i do?! please, im in agony!!



    tralalala

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    System restore?

    What was this "thing" that you had to accept?
    Some sort of porn redirector, no doubt...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,396
    Originally posted by clocker@9 February 2004 - 18:28
    System restore?

    What was this "thing" that you had to accept?
    Some sort of porn redirector, no doubt...
    it appears to be somethign called "Roings engine"...
    seemed to install me some kinda toolbar for explorer that is like yahoobar (you can search for MP3, Music, news etc.)...

    man... i dont know if system resotre will help (ill try it soon, when i get home... actually, im not even sure ill be able to open the properties of this systemrestore... bercause the PC wont allow me to open anything)

    also, i went to safe mode and deleted the roing engine, and when i restarted, it STILL didnt work - i went back to safemode and it was there again (this roings shit)


    tralalala :'(

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Get hold of search & destroy (Spybot) & ad-aware & run that & it should get rid of any spyware, but you have a software program running i bet, u got to find it :S hope it is in the add & remove, otherwise backup everything u need & get the dusty windows disc out :S

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    North-east england UK
    Posts
    2,661
    Originally posted by Maximus359@9 February 2004 - 17:54
    Get hold of search & destroy (Spybot) & ad-aware & run that & it should get rid of any spyware, but you have a software program running i bet, u got to find it :S hope it is in the add & remove, otherwise backup everything u need & get the dusty windows disc out :S
    yeah that should solve your problem

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by tralalala@9 February 2004 - 08:16
    yesterday i went to crackheaven.com and tried to download a crack, i had to accept something but after i clicked "yes" i cancelled it.
    from now on, whatever they say, don't believe it. adware/spyware installers love to tell you that you must install their bullshit just to look at a webpage or download a crack, but this is completely untrue. whether you click yes or no, or just close the installer, 99.99999999% of the time it will have no effect at all on whether you are able to get the page or download you wanted. it's just a trick, and nothing more.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,396
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+9 February 2004 - 21:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 9 February 2004 - 21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tralalala@9 February 2004 - 08:16
    yesterday i went to crackheaven.com and tried to download a crack, i had to accept something but after i clicked "yes" i cancelled it.
    from now on, whatever they say, don&#39;t believe it. adware/spyware installers love to tell you that you must install their bullshit just to look at a webpage or download a crack, but this is completely untrue. whether you click yes or no, or just close the installer, 99.99999999% of the time it will have no effect at all on whether you are able to get the page or download you wanted. it&#39;s just a trick, and nothing more. [/b][/quote]
    man, this is such a pain in the ass... i cant access ANYTHING located within my computer unless i run windows under safe mode...
    man... ill see if adware/search & destroy will do any good...

    PLUS

    i removed this roings engine in the ad/remove under safe mode, but it "reappeared" afterwards (ran windows in safemode again)

    hmph.... this is going to be my third reformat of windows within a month and a half... im considering stopping downloading stuff from the internet :helpsmile: : :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;( :&#39;(


    tralalala :&#39;(

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    When you complete your Complete installing Windows i suggest you do these things to safe guard you PC.

    1) Get hold of a Firwall, anyone but i prefer Zonalarm as it&#39;s easy to understand & use.

    2) Get Spybot (Search & Destory) And make sure you run this every 2 weeks or so to make sure you PC is clean, also update as well.

    3) Get Ad-Aware, this is another Spyware killer, but with Spybot it covers all angles of spyware.

    4) If you dl from kazza & Bt, then get hold of peerguardian, as this blocks all the major companies eg Sony,Fox, Unverisal Studios etc from getting a connection from you, if effect they don&#39;t know what you are dl & up.

    5) Get norton Anti-Virus With GoBack, now when ever you do something silly, like installing software that you shouldn&#39;t have done or if you computer crashes, then go back replace the system to a point in the day, or the begining of the day.


    Thats what i use on my computer at the moment & i&#39;am free of spyware & problems with PC crashing.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,396
    Originally posted by Maximus359@9 February 2004 - 22:38
    When you complete your Complete installing Windows i suggest you do these things to safe guard you PC.

    1) Get hold of a Firwall, anyone but i prefer Zonalarm as it&#39;s easy to understand & use.

    2) Get Spybot (Search & Destory) And make sure you run this every 2 weeks or so to make sure you PC is clean, also update as well.

    3) Get Ad-Aware, this is another Spyware killer, but with Spybot it covers all angles of spyware.

    4) If you dl from kazza & Bt, then get hold of peerguardian, as this blocks all the major companies eg Sony,Fox, Unverisal Studios etc from getting a connection from you, if effect they don&#39;t know what you are dl & up.

    5) Get norton Anti-Virus With GoBack, now when ever you do something silly, like installing software that you shouldn&#39;t have done or if you computer crashes, then go back replace the system to a point in the day, or the begining of the day.


    Thats what i use on my computer at the moment & i&#39;am free of spyware & problems with PC crashing.
    cool, ill make sure i dothis is spybot S&D doesnt fix the current problem


    tralalala

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •