Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Add Subtitle Files To A Movie?

ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    If it is an srt file all you have to do is have them in the same folder (named exactly the same - best way to insure that is copy the name of the movie and paste it over the name of the srt file, even if it looks the same it may not be) and play the movie, it works everytime for me on my home pc with XP. I use Lunacy10 vid player.

However I do have issues doing it that way on a PC running 2000, if I place both files in the same folder and play the movie it playes upside down and backwards, imagine that...

Edit: By the way I learned how to do this with the srt files here on the forum, a search will sometimes bring about miraculous results.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Originally posted by John_Smith@7 March 2003 - 19:15
    while we're at the subject: I downloaded Avalon. It's in polnish, which is cool, since it's the original version but i can't understand it... There is also a subtitles file called Mamoru.Osh. Anyone knows with which player to view that?
    thx

btw
    AVALON (polnish version) kb 712848
    (i love that movie...)
    I'm Polish , but most poles i know use a tool called vplayer to view english movies wich adds .txt subtitles... vplayer might work for you, if u can get ahold of it on kazaa

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    OK, I got it sorted out. I had to rename the Mamoru.osh to avalon.srt and view it with BSPlayer and it works....Perfect!
    That .osh got me confused, cuz I couldn't find a player for it.

thx ShareDaddy (yep, I'm using XP), thx n18 (lucky you, not having that problem)

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    unltdncy
    Sorry, this is just a very old topic but i dont know where to ask my question so filesharing talk might be a good one.

I got the BSplayer, but i still cant load the .sub file. The opt still grayed out, says "no subtitles" even i set the name of the movie n the file name of the subtitles alike. When i right click on the film, the subtitle tab, i see the primary is grayed & the secondary is on, but i cant even edit the color & the fonts. What's wrong, so help me !!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    what a bump

I recommend KMPlayer as a media player, it's the best I've seen so far, you will be able to load those subtitles and even shift them easily in the time line if they are out of sync with the speech.

BSPlayer is a poor player imo, there isn't as many options

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12