Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using K Lite Behind A Firewall

Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    if u ahve a firewall that prevents p2p u need 2 either disable the firewall or find out what port its using and setup the firewall settings in the options menu, otherwise theres nothing u can do, thats the point of a firewall, i doubt it has anything 2 do w/ the kazaa program itself, try another p2p software
    tYiA

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by Bowen747x@12 February 2004 - 18:28
    if u ahve a firewall that prevents p2p u need 2 either disable the firewall or find out what port its using and setup the firewall settings in the options menu, otherwise theres nothing u can do, thats the point of a firewall, i doubt it has anything 2 do w/ the kazaa program itself, try another p2p software
    no! it worked fine before without me having to change any settings, its now that i have reinstalled it that it wont connect....and exactly the same thing has happened to my friend who did the same thing a few floors down....

surely the clue lies in the fact that it has been reinstalled?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    get zone alarm pro 4! B)

i thought it was over rated till i tried it myself

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    BANNED
    za is a pain. ok this is what i want you to do.

keep the shared folder empty. uninstall klite. delete you db folder, delete any kazaa folders you have under program folder.

run your av, run adaware, then install klite with a new registry, and tell me if it does it again

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@12 February 2004 - 22:59

keep the shared folder empty. uninstall klite. delete you db folder, delete any kazaa folders you have under program folder.

run your av, run adaware, then install klite with a new registry, and tell me if it does it again
    whats the DB folder?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by benz+22 February 2004 - 15:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (benz @ 22 February 2004 - 15:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@12 February 2004 - 22:59

whats the DB folder? [/b][/quote]
    shared folder was empty, deleted the kazaa folder from the program files folder, unistalled it from the control panel, reinstalled it and it still dont work....

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    BANNED
    db folder is the data base folder

The database files can be found in one of the following locations, depending on your version of Kazaa Lite:

C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;All Users&#092;Application Data&#092;Kazaa Lite&#092;db
    C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;%your username%&#092;Application Data&#092;Kazaa Lite&#092;db
    C:&#092;windows&#092;Application Data&#092;Kazaa Lite&#092;db

you need to enable the showing of hidden files to see it. for more info hit my sig

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 00:37
    db folder is the data base folder

The database files can be found in one of the following locations, depending on your version of Kazaa Lite:

C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;All Users&#092;Application Data&#092;Kazaa Lite&#092;db
    C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;%your username%&#092;Application Data&#092;Kazaa Lite&#092;db
    C:&#092;windows&#092;Application Data&#092;Kazaa Lite&#092;db

you need to enable the showing of hidden files to see it. for more info hit my sig
    tried that, still dont work

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    BANNED
    emm sorry you still get the error with the shared folder empty and all??

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@24 February 2004 - 13:30
    emm sorry you still get the error with the shared folder empty and all??
    yeah.....Kazaa opens but wont connect

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast