Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Language Violation

BANNED
    All this censorship talk is just crap! If there's a rule that you don't swear, then don't swear, simple. If you do, and you're censored, too bad, them's the rules.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    Censorship is the way to go... for sure.

But it should be by the people for the people. Get the drift? None of us NEED a mod or admin to censor our profane posts. WE should be doing it ourselves. It's your keyboard but more importantly it is your mind.

Profanity is just lazy speech. Substitute a "bad" word for a thought you are too lazy to complete.

Example: I was making toast, just got it buttered when I dropped it on the floor. It landed butter side down on a dust bunny (Hobbes, you ok?). Now I could think "Too bad, five second rule is out. Gonna have to make more toast." or I could not even think and just say F***.

I don't have much concern for the youths who view our posts so far as any exposure to profanity. If they can get here they can get anywhere, certainly more explicit than here.

I suggest everyone censor themselves not for the good of others but for their own good. Give their mind a little more exercise.

or maybe I just don't give a , but perhaps I'll be offered a few in this thread.

:beerchug: omc

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    OMC-

You are the voice of reason.

We do occasionally have these trends crop up, but cussing (which, ironically, I just did, in World News ), like any other "show-off" move; once the practicioner sees he/she is a chorus of one, they either give the language a pass or go somewhere else, either of which is fine with me.

We should note this behavior for future reference, however; leadership by example is a powerful thing-it WORKS!

The preceding message is brought to you by the Association for Benevolent Assimilation.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    internet.news
    Originally posted by I.am+10 February 2004 - 23:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am @ 10 February 2004 - 23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@10 February 2004 - 15:27
    I don&#39;t judge about anyone as people are just human.

I personally try to be opened firstly in a way that doesn&#39;t hurt too much, only if this
    is not possible or difficult I try to be opened (directly).
    Ofcourse its a known fact that people are humans, you really dont have to bring that in every post. But the point where humans start acting like animals thats what we are talking about. [/b][/quote]
    Life also has negativ parts. Ok, well..

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Profanity is just a way to emphasize the person&#39;s emotions... and as fo rthe kids viewing this.. i suggest people take a walk around a school for a day and listen to the language you here in the hallways and you&#39;ll find it&#39;s alot worse than anything used on here

Masta.z&#33;

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by masta.z@13 February 2004 - 12:23
    and as fo rthe kids viewing this.. i suggest people take a walk around a school for a day
    yep, i know kids that could make a sailor blush, no sh*t

i think a lot of this whining about foul talk is from ppl gettin there poor wittle feewings hurt

some called me a the other day in a thread i started,
    did i give a ? no, cause its just talk, em
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234