Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need New Hub Any Volunteers?

powerstick's Avatar Poster
    We need someone on ODC to make a server for at least a 1.5 mb connection and only 3 slots open. In addition to that only 1 hub open at a time. That way the files can be distributed fast and a lot of ppl could recieve the files fast. The share size needs to be at least 10 gigs so we won't have a lot of ppl sharing nothing. No sharing of system files or ne thing like installed apps. If you would like to host this or help with this pm me.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    1.5 upload?
    yeah.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    u need some swedes with those 10mb connections
    Open your mind

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    If you all want we could do it for 1.5 MBPS and over. What do you mean do we want some sweedes with those?
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by powerstick@14 February 2004 - 04:52
    If you all want we could do it for 1.5 MBPS and over. What do you mean do we want some sweedes with those?
    if your looking for some ppl with fast connections to get files spread quickly swedes are the way to go , those with [BBB] in front of their name - they are the ones with the 10 mb connections B)
    Open your mind

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks. We definately need some swedes I am currently in the process of determining what is wrong with my pc. I have used Overnet for some time now but all of a sudden my isp has disconnected me because they said that I was connected to over 20,000 machines. I am downloading a2peronaal to see if I have any trojans installed on my machine. It can be found here A2Personal

Also my intiial post regarding this matter can be found here Overnet Source Problems

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    problem corrected. I have my connection back up and I am serving. We are still in need of a new hub if there are any volunteers out there.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    What kind of demand is there? Someone already had a FST hub opened, and got no traffic/people, so what is the point?

What kind of hub would be most useful? I run verlihub 0.9.5a on a linux box, and it is set up to only do authorized users determined by database records. In other words, it's private. Is this what FST would want?

Speaking of FST, do THEY want a hub or is it just the random user here or there that says they want one? I'm sure FST could handle it themselves, unless it needs to be not associated with them for obvious reasons.

Show me the need and give me a reason, and I can convert my hub to the purpose...but like HeavyMetal found out, hubs can sit idle and lonely for quite a while.

BC
    brainchasm.com - Compaq ProLiant 2500 tower - 2x333MHz OD CPUs - 1GB EDO ECC 50ns RAM - 36GB RAID-5 array - 15/30GB internal DLT
    Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.47 (Mandrake Linux/6.3.92mdk) mod_perl/1.99_09 Perl/v5.8.1 PHP/4.3.2 JRun/4.0 Sun-ONE-ASP/4.0.0

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I hear you on that one. Hubs can sit idle because people usually go to one hub and stay in it. They usually don't browse around at other hubs until their dl's are complete. The problem I have is that I connect to high speed hubs and I connect to sweedes (bbb, telnet, 10mb, exc.) They have thier hub slots maxed out and the result is around a 2 KB/sec transfer. Using that method, it would take months to complete a movie. If we limited the slots/hubs, people would see how much faster this hub is than the others and stay there. I'm not sure if fst wanted a hub or if it was just a user of the forum. We could always open a new fts hub or the current one with a 1 hub 3 slots/1.5 megabit minimum. If you wanted to lower it a little, the least would be to connect to it 768/768. Using this method, files would share fast and people would be happy. I find myself rarely using hubs for large files becaue of the slow transfer rate of other users and they have too many slots open. Now if I need a program, I do use odc. For movies, I find myself using Overnet and Sharaza. I would like to change this though because in hubs you can look at peoples sharelist and usually their is a large variety of movies avalable that I would be interested in downloading. If I use the search feature in Overnet or Sharaza, most of the movies that I want are fakes. This is not good so I only use verified sites such as sharereactor.com and shareconnector.com for Overnet and Sharaza. I believe everyone would be happy with the new hub if we set the specs like I said. Oh yeah only dc++ and odc clients. No bcdc or hacked clients.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    No BCDC++ immediately eliminates me from hosting the hub (I am the sitehost for BCDC++, and I believe in it...people who think ill of it simply don't know what it is capable of, nor what is in the works).

1.5mbps is a tough thing, since that discounts 99% of the people in the US. Even 768kbps is unreasonable for US users...I only have a 384kbps upstream, and yet I can service the BCDC++ website with no problems...

There is a price to be paid for a file...whether it is purchasing, or DL time. The moment you eliminate both you invite abuse.

Sorry, but I take my hat out of the ring on this one...good luck though, and I hope you won't deny BCDC++ clients out of hand (e-mail me if you want to hear why BCDC++ isn't as bad as you think it is).

BC
    brainchasm.com - Compaq ProLiant 2500 tower - 2x333MHz OD CPUs - 1GB EDO ECC 50ns RAM - 36GB RAID-5 array - 15/30GB internal DLT
    Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.47 (Mandrake Linux/6.3.92mdk) mod_perl/1.99_09 Perl/v5.8.1 PHP/4.3.2 JRun/4.0 Sun-ONE-ASP/4.0.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast