Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suprnova.org Virus

has anyone inform the suprnova guys yet?
    is the prob still there?
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Originally posted by McBickens@10 February 2004 - 03:12
    When going to the search feature of suprnova.org (novaserach.net, directly), Norton Anti-Virus detects a virus in the Temporary Internet Files Folder, specifically Trojan.Buteverify in the file titled archive[1].jar. The object name is BlackBox.class.
    Here too....Norton found it

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    i think they removed the problem or me just got a trojan installed....
    nothing happened this time

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Both novasearch and suprnova make explorer crash when I access their web pages after it blocks a popup.

Wonder if this has anything to do with it...
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by McBickens@10 February 2004 - 03:12
    When going to the search feature of suprnova.org (novaserach.net, directly), Norton Anti-Virus detects a virus in the Temporary Internet Files Folder, specifically Trojan.Buteverify in the file titled archive[1].jar. The object name is BlackBox.class.
    On the Suprnova forums they seem to be talking about the "Trojan.Byteverify" in Novasearch (On this topic its... Buteverify/ We all talking about the same virus?). The Byteverify is mentioned here...

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...byteverify.html

The trojan seems to exploit the vulnerabilities in older versions of microsofts VM. There's a link... "Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011"... That seems to mention in detail about this exploit.

If I understand what the Microsoft link says.... Those with Microsoft VM build 3810 and above are safe from this trojan. The trojan is completely blocked. Am I understanding that right? Any comments?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Novice
    Hey guys whats up?

I think I got something like this because I am currently downloading a full length film from Supernova.org on Bittorent and the download is going normal until of a sudden it goes into "The blue screen" causing me to restart with CTRL+ALT+DELETE. I dont remember getting a warning about the virus with my virus scanner (AVG). But then again, what if I never even got the virus. I clean my Temporary folders and all that 6 times a day with Panicware Sureclean. I think its more complicated then a virus cause it only happens when I resume my download from Bittorent.

Can someone please help??

Thanks!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    muchspl2
    don't think its related
    http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#freeze

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Novice
    Hey thanks muchspl2

I really appreciate it! Your da man

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Novice
    wait a minute...................I downloaded the one for WINDOWS98, now where do I extract these files???

I tried Windows/System
    Windows/System32
    Windows/Options/Cabs

and there continues to be a blue screen. HELP.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I get the same warnings, but trojan easy to get rid of - just delete internet cache.

look at this link for info on this trojan http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:-wqVF...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    Robert00000

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast