Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different File Names!

Ok, I know this is my first post to the forum. I've been filesharing for quite some time. KLite is the greatest thing to come along in quite some time.

But why do these frickin morons continue to name files something totally differently than they actually are? This pisses me off more than anything else...I mean, just about ANYTHING?

To waste all that time downloading a file. Then you go to extract it and it's something COMPLETELY different!!

What drives these idiots to continue to do this?

IMHO it's worse than not sharing anything.......

robbster

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Tips for finding verified movies:

After about 10 megs or 10% of the total DL of the movie, use Avipreview and see if its your movie. Click the screen of Avipreview and an Index should pop up with some info. If the video or audio part has 0 (zero), then its a fake.

After searching and thinking you have enough users, expand the list so you can see all the users for that file by clicking the "+" box to the left of the title and scroll down and check to see if the filenames match up to the movie your looking for and read the yellow description boxes that pop up too. Sometimes it will say if its a fake or not.

Look at the length of the movie. A trick I learned awhile ago is that any movie with the length of 1:02:08 is a fake.

Check the file size of the movie. Make sure its reasonable. Sometimes the movie is split into two or three parts for easier downloading.
    Check the hashes in the verifieds. That will usually say if a movie is out or not and will usually tell of its quality. Always check the verifieds first before looking for a movie which will save you some time.

Now that was for movies. Some of the above can also be used for everything else. Why they rename is though, maybe they're psycho and have no life...maybe?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I think the reason that fakes can be downloaded so often may not be malicious on the part of the sharer. With four and a half million users people may not have the fake file on their pc for long and may not realize that its a fake. I have downloaded mp3s from as many as 40 people at the one time and the names keep changing during the download. I think that record companies and film and game producers are putting up these fake files and peple get caught with them. With broadband download speeds it could take days for someone to realize that a latest movie or song was a fake. People that knowingly share fake files will go to hell when they die and suffer the slow torture of their balls being burnt by incessent devilish fire. A bit like downloading a fake movie on dial up.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Oh yea, Film companies and groups determined on stopping p2p will deifnitely put out fakes with popular names (i.e. tmd, smr and such) to trick you into downloading fakes which will make you mad and might not want to get that movie after all.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Film companies now putting fake stuff on p2p things? Do you really think they'll do that?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Sorry, I didn't realize that I didn't explain myself very well.

That makes sense about fakes being out there. What I'm really pissed about is downloading a .zip, or mostly they're .exe ZIPs, the file name and description are one thing (or version) and then when you go to run the .exe to unzip then it's a different version than stated or totally different software all together.

I understand the arguements behind the legality of P2P but I honestly d/l software to "try before I buy". It just gets frustrating to wait and wait to finally find out you have something totally different than what you thought you were getting.

Any more thoughts or tips?

Thanks,

robbster

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Well, that's a risk you take in pirating :pirate: Try this:
    After searching and thinking you have enough users, expand the list so you can see all the users for that file by clicking the "+" box to the left of the title and scroll down and check to see if the filenames match up to the file your looking for and read the yellow description boxes that pop up too. Sometimes it will say if its a fake or not.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Sounds good....I'll keep that in mind.

Now another question.....how do you get the description in the file? Is it an option when you create a .zip or self extracting file?

robbster

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    In Kazaa Lite, Go to "My Kazaa Lite" (should be next to Theater) then
    locate the file you want to edit the desc. for, right-click>modify> then change what you need to change.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    robbster, have you read the FAQ already? It'll probably answer some of your questions not all of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast