Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan Arrangement

Okay, here is my current fan arrangement, any way i can change these to get better temps? ie changing in intake to an output or whatever need be
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/myfanarrangement.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    oh and also, the fan that came with my PSU, which is an outtake i believe
    My main concern is lowering my CPU temp, I am getting new thermal paste soon, but better airflow would also be nice

Kai
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You don't show any, but I assume that your PSU also has some fan(s).

For starters you might flip the fan on your sidepanel to intake...hoping to feed fresh air to the HSF...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    haha yes clocker, i admit i did forget to draw that in, but i wrote it in afterwards, my mistake lol
    would changing that to an intake lower my temps significantly? hmm yes i can see how that would help....thanks
    anyone else?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    clear
    Last edited by SciManAl; 03-20-2006 at 01:32 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Indeed K, establishing airflow through the case is very difficult, even with hellacious big fans.
    Far easier to concentrate on site-specific cooling...putting cool air right to the place where it will do the most good.

A useful first step would be to determine where the hot spots in your case are.
    Just guessing, I would imagine that the spot above your HSF ( below the PSU) is one area .
    As your chip is probably the #1 heat producing component in the case, dealing with it's waste heat first will yield the biggest return for the effort.
    What voltage/speed are you running your fans on?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I just changed my setup around yesterday and noticed better temps already. I had a Volcanoe 9 hsf,two 80 mm blowing out of the rear,one 80 mm facing out on the side panel and I have two in the front that really don't do to much seeing as my case has no vents in the front.
    What I did was replace the fan on my heatsink with the fan that was on my sidepanel (it was a UV fan,and it looks damn cool on my heatsink),I took the adjustable one from the heatsink and put it in the hole right below my power supply,placed another 80mm right below it.Still have the side fan facing out and the two useless front fans blowing in there and because my motherboard has everything except video on board I used the lower slots to put an intake fan there. My temps dropped from the low thirties to mid to high twenties.
    By the way I have an XP 1900+,Gigabyte GA-7vt600-p-l motherboard.I know the temps seem quite low but I have checked them with Aida32,speedfan,my gigabyte utility,Hmonitor and MBM5.0 and all give me the exact same temps.
    Right now my CPU is at 26 degrees,my motherboard is at 26 degrees and my hard drive is at 25 degrees
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    clear
    Last edited by SciManAl; 03-20-2006 at 01:32 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Johnboy, do you know which sensor MBM is reading your chip temp from?
    And I assume that all these readings are at idle, not load?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@12 February 2004 - 02:29
    Johnboy, do you know which sensor MBM is reading your chip temp from?
    And I assume that all these readings are at idle, not load?
    Yeah the temps are at idle.After I swapped everything around yesterday I ran 3dmark 2001 three or four times in a row and the temps only went up one or two degrees.After I came home from work last night my temps were almost up to 30 but the wife likes to set the thermostat to 30 degrees while I am not home though so it was still sitting at room temp. I just p[layed Vice city for about an hour and my temps only went up 2 degrees.I know Vice City is not really demanding but I expected to see an increase.
    I can't remeber how I had MBM5 setup,I just uninstalled it after i checked everything.I figure I have enough software watching my temps.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    26C is really low for air cooling.......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast