Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Resotre

TClite's Avatar Poster
    this is a combined problem and question, why when i preform a system restore do they continually fail, every attempt so far? is there something obvious that im missing here.....this is in connection with my sound issue post here, to save me from the complications i would have liked to restore, but its a no go......so advice...fixes or any input would be appreciated

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    imported_The__One
    I am obvioulsy assuming that your using WinXP....so the only reason that a system restore would not work is that either the restore files r corrupted or that somothing currently on your HD is "rejecting" the restore, thus causing it to not work. And have U tried to uninstall winamp and eveything possibly related to it? Then re-install the sound card drivers..?
    However, this is all guesswork, I don't actually know what is causing your problems....
    Hope this helped some B)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    i have tried the majority of things to get the sound back...and restore just doesnt work at all, ive tried it many times with no result. corrup files should have no bearing...afterall its implemented to return to a stage where there are no corrupt files from a stage of near destruction

isnt their an add remove hardware option, where i could get the system to not recognise the hardware..then start completely from scratch, I have selected uninstall from device manager.....is this enough?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    imported_The__One
    If U want to completely remove a hardware an then add it again, removing it in the add/remove hardare menu, AND removing the drivers for in the add/remove software (not always necessery, but I had to do this sevaral times)...shuld get the job done..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    in xp i cant see an add/remove hardware option via control pannel, only add, and then device manager via system....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Just a thought have you tried doing a restore to other dates?

And disconnecting printers scanners etc?

Or Uninstalling everything to do with Winamp Deleting your drivers for your sound card and doing a reboot

so that it can find the original drivers.

Also could try installing another music application as that might install the drivers or files that have been

corrupted or are missing?

You could try using Regclean to see if there any part of that application left on your HD, and deleting them

AFTER YOU BACK THEM UP.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    ok, audigy card now works, but three speakers are not in use.......i want to start fresh

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by TClite@5 March 2003 - 04:57
    ok, audigy card now works, but three speakers are not in use.......i want to start fresh
    You say it is working now and you have sound? or its not?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    my sound is working, however 3 speakers im getting no out from at all.....it may have something to do with updating the drivers, if that fails i will install clean....remove both drivers and hardware....i cant see where to remove the hardware though...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Have you tried going to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices and clicking on Hardware and seeing

which devices are or are not working?

As you should be able to update them or uninstall the hardware from there.

Also click on the advanced option in Sound playback, you should be able to select all your speakers from

there .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast