Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xp Sux

sicko
    okay I ask everyone whats the best OS and everyone says XP XP XP whats so good about it?? its too damm slow I had 98 Me win 2k and they ran twice as fast anyway to speed it up??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    XP is optimized for the P4 and really, really good systems. I like it but wouldn't dare put it on my other, older comps. 98 SE works just fine on them. Some say 2000 is better though i've never tried it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It works good on a fast computer. I still like Win2k though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    98se << least errors&#33;... they actually put effort into makin it... wat about longhorn? wats the deal with that.... i don&#39;t follow the windows.... sigh... 2000 is hard enough already... well not really... just too much USERS >> i hate all this administration stuff, etc. folders.... so confusing...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Longhorn was suppose to be the SP3 of XP but since the alpha was leaked, they&#39;re going to make it a new version.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Shinigami@4 March 2003 - 20:38
    Longhorn was suppose to be the SP3 of XP but since the alpha was leaked, they&#39;re going to make it a new version.
    every new os is mostly just a service pack with a price tag.

i read sumwhere that longhorn is another os release but when it was leaked, MS got pissed so they cancelled sp3.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    I have XP Pro installed on my "browser &#39;puter" that I use to surf with and test- software and games-, so I can experiment and not have to worry about losing any information. I experiment to the point of system failure so I can see what the OS is made of. Just format; install; and do it again & again...lol

It is a 3 yr old compaq:
    PII-400MHz
    320M of ram
    4g hard-drive

1st of all, I can say that extra ram is a must&#33;&#33;
    I cant believe people buy new &#39;puters with anything less than 512M of memory.

Anyway, after installation it was very buggy&#33;&#33;&#33; downloaded and installed SP1....Wow....what a difference....finished getting all the updates and it ran great on this &#39;one legged vet&#39;--- (its ok, I&#39;m an ex jar-head). I was a 98SE die-hard; yes I tried the rest, wasn&#39;t for me; but will never go back now&#33;&#33;
    XP gets my vote.
    The only major difference I can see between home and pro are the networking capabilites...less buggy on pro.

Just my opinion,
    Steve

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    -never upgrade-

always get a new comp if upgrade is a must.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by slammy_dunken+4 March 2003 - 19:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slammy_dunken @ 4 March 2003 - 19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shinigami@4 March 2003 - 20:38
    every new os is mostly just a service pack with a price tag.

i read sumwhere that longhorn is another os release but when it was leaked, MS got pissed so they cancelled sp3. [/b][/quote]
    Either way, lol, M&#036; is going to make some major bones with it to the gullible ones (even some of us might upgrade lol)
    :teehee:
    @kAb: That&#39;s what my dad thinks. It&#39;s a good idea when my dad tries to upgrade something though

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    XP is awsome, but you need a good spec to run it as its &#036;hit and very slow on the older pc&#39;s with not much

Ram or &#036;hit Processor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast