Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The *legal* List

Poster
    JmiF Posted on 5 March 2003 - 11:28
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 5 March 2003 - 10:48)
    i was told by my TV that d/l anything is legal, but having kazaa isn't 

You have your own transvestite ? And they are a download expert. That´s really cool 

You can download some roms legally...like the Spectrum ones,its legal to download them as i have loads

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF+5 March 2003 - 09:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 5 March 2003 - 09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RPerry@5 March 2003 - 08:42
    everything I share is a copy of an original which I own.
    Now................ where did I put the originals??
    A good point actually. When you buy intelectual property you are buying the right to own and use it. Surely the fact that you no longer possesss the original media is irrelevant. You still own the rights to it. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s true, but you&#39;re still not allowed to distribute it, and that&#39;s what we&#39;re doing.
    Also, how do you prove you had the original, if you don&#39;t have it anymore?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    for books and music, the copyright ends 75 years after the authors death. not sure for movies. anyway, it&#39;s a long wait..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Well, I don&#39;t d/l too many books, and as far as the music goes, don&#39;t the performers have the rights to the music they play?
    I mean Beethoven might have lost his copyright, but the performers still get money if their version gets aired, no?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    I mean Beethoven might have lost his copyright, but the performers still get money if their version gets aired, no?
    sure they do, but they don&#39;t have to give half the earnings back to Beethoven&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by Ron+5 March 2003 - 12:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ron @ 5 March 2003 - 12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JmiF@5 March 2003 - 09:46
    <!--QuoteBegin--RPerry
    @5 March 2003 - 08:42
    everything I share is a copy of an original which I own.
    Now................ where did I put the originals??

A good point actually. When you buy intelectual property you are buying the right to own and use it. Surely the fact that you no longer possesss the original media is irrelevant. You still own the rights to it.
    That&#39;s true, but you&#39;re still not allowed to distribute it, and that&#39;s what we&#39;re doing.
    Also, how do you prove you had the original, if you don&#39;t have it anymore? [/b][/quote]
    That was my point, nobody can prove I didn&#39;t have the originals either. And I&#39;m not distributing anything, I&#39;m just "networked" with others who like to back up things they may have the original to, but it was somehow damaged or misplaced

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    as i like to say, "You Can&#39;t Spell Illegal, Without Legal&#33;"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Well, I&#39;m afraid it&#39;s not that simple.
    At least, not in Belgium.
    The burdon of proof will be placed on the accused here.
    He/she will have to show proof he/she had the orginal.
    If not, conviction.
    I have a juke-box in the bar, and every once in a while I get an inspection.
    Now, most CD&#39;s in the JB are copies, but they always want to see each and every original, I assure you.
    Of course, private persons will never be inspected this way I think, and if so, you could always get a copy of the CD in question from a friend.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Did you know that everything you watch on your TV is downloaded? If you have cable/sattilite the programming you watch is downloaded the same way you download stuff right off the internet.. Even with Tivo you save what you want to watch and that&#39;s the very same as downloading a movie off kazaa to watch.. With Tivo, you download and save the movie..(yes, you can even burn it to a vcd or dvd&#33 With kazaa, you can also download and save the movie. What&#39;s the diff? Tivo uses Hardrives (the same as the ones we use now).

I mean, why do they even have such laws&#33;? heck, if you think about it...how many people are doing illigal things right now? 90%? 98%?

It&#39;s silly

btw, the broadcasting speed is supposed to be like 1.5gb/s I heard.. sweetness

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Who cares what&#39;s &#39;legal&#39; to download. I do what I want [Cartman from South Park ]&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast