Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The *legal* List

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    lol

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    fumeck
    Originally posted by Ron+5 March 2003 - 18:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ron @ 5 March 2003 - 18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JmiF@5 March 2003 - 09:46
    <!--QuoteBegin--RPerry
    @5 March 2003 - 08:42
    everything I share is a copy of an original which I own.
    Now................ where did I put the originals??

A good point actually. When you buy intelectual property you are buying the right to own and use it. Surely the fact that you no longer possesss the original media is irrelevant. You still own the rights to it.
    That&#39;s true, but you&#39;re still not allowed to distribute it, and that&#39;s what we&#39;re doing.
    Also, how do you prove you had the original, if you don&#39;t have it anymore? [/b][/quote]
    Technically, we are not distributing anything. Others access our directories and take what they wish. I am not sending anything to anyone, they are taking it themselves. We take, that&#39;s all.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    You can "Legally" make a copy of any music and video file you OWN. That right was established by the United States Supreme Court and is called "Fair Use" and by extension of that right software is included within that right. The "Fair Use" right was established in the Sony "Betamax" copying case. That is the right that the MPAA and RIAA are trying to take away from us by encoding CD&#39;s and DVD&#39;s so copies cannot be made. You can legally use these copies for any personal purpose up to and including putting say MP3&#39;s on your computer.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Try not to think of it as legal and illegal..... jus think of it as
    &#39;spreading the wealth&#39;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Ex-member
    i was told by my TV that d/l anything is legal, but having kazaa isn&#39;t
    Having KaZaA is legal, but using it to download copyrighted material isn&#39;t.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    I like prank calls, I think that they are legal....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    aha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123