Thread: File Isnt Resuming?

Im new to bit torrent and im downloading need for speed underground from Suprnova.org. Ive saved the file to my hard disk, then i set a location where i want to save it then let it download but when i close the download i open the original file i saved on my hard disk choose to save it in the same place but it doesnt resume the download. Does anybody know why?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    does it start to download at all,what client do you use?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The download does actually start. Where abouts does it say what client?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Novice
    Here's an example of resuming a folder-type torrent. Let's suppose that you downloaded a torrent called SomeCoolBand, and selected to put it in the folder Downloads. So your directory structure resembles something like \Downloads\SomeCoolBand\file1, \Downloads\SomeCoolBand\file2, and so on. The important part of this example is that should you resume this transfer, when asked to select a destination folder you must select the \Downloads folder and NOT \Downloads\SomeCoolBand. It may seem a bit counter-intuitive, but just remember to always make the same selection as the original choice. When you first started the transfer there was no SomeCoolBand folder; you instead selected \Downloads and BT created the SomeCoolBand folder.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lincoln-Imp@12 February 2004 - 00:41
    Where abouts does it say what client?
    if you dont know i suppose you just have the original bittorrent program,if you download a client it offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems (on torrents and files), start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents.i use azureus and im a fan of it,if you want to check it out:
    http://azureus.sourceforge.net/index.php

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED
    I think the trackers are on a wobbly again mate.I've had same last few days with a few,and half of the torrent on nova dont work or wasnt yesterday.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by kurse@12 February 2004 - 01:35
    Here's an example of resuming a folder-type torrent. Let's suppose that you downloaded a torrent called SomeCoolBand, and selected to put it in the folder Downloads. So your directory structure resembles something like \Downloads\SomeCoolBand\file1, \Downloads\SomeCoolBand\file2, and so on. The important part of this example is that should you resume this transfer, when asked to select a destination folder you must select the \Downloads folder and NOT \Downloads\SomeCoolBand. It may seem a bit counter-intuitive, but just remember to always make the same selection as the original choice. When you first started the transfer there was no SomeCoolBand folder; you instead selected \Downloads and BT created the SomeCoolBand folder.
    How do í choose the folder and not the file because when i highlight the folder i have to open it?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    This is what I do set the file to the folder of your choice,to restart the file again I just open my history go find the file and carry on downing once you point it to the file and folder again, then it checks over it to see if its the right one and where it finished the last time.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by cwctv@12 February 2004 - 20:55
    This is what I do set the file to the folder of your choice,to restart the file again I just open my history go find the file and carry on downing once you point it to the file and folder again, then it checks over it to see if its the right one and where it finished the last time.
    k thx, ill give it ago

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Just use the ABC client http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/, you can either set up a default folder for downloads or just select a place for the download and it will remember where it is, plus it uses far less cpu/memory usage than any other bittorent client....