Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bigboab

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If some people have been trying to get rid of me, they have succeeded.

I think this Cheese thread is the straw that broke the camels back, cheese straws, can’t resist it. What I want to say is that in my opinion the board had started to improve over the past few weeks. Then tonight we have the return of ‘bullying’, in my opinion.

The fact that that is now 4 Mods capable of initiating or taking part in this type of poll/thread makes it all the more despicable. I know I keep going on and on about this. But this is an international forum viewed by thousands every day. To my mind this was a homophobic thread started by a homophobe. Before he denies it, he actually came into the ‘Chat Bar’ and dropped a hint that I was ‘Gay’. I think that he will find that I am the one that has been married over 30 years and have two children. His married status, I don’t know, nor do I wish to. I just dislike this type of thread and have always done so from the beginning.

I just wonder who is next on the agenda. It won’t be me. I have had enough. It looks by the general opinion that most members with the exception of internet agree with this type of thread. I think maybe I am out of touch with the rest of the members and it is time to hang up my keyboard. I have lost a lot of friends in the last two months on this board. I think it is time to join them.

Before I go I would like to thank all those who have made my stay enjoyable. I can’t name everyone. But I am sure you will excuse me if I miss you out of the following list. Cheese, Azzz, Danb, Zero, Sqweeky, Joob Joob, Wee Mouse, UK, Yogi, Rapfan(Matt), Scribbs, Gemby, Cowsy, honey, Bill Dean, Clocker, Jonno and many many more. Also the ones that have already gone, JP(I Think), Titey, Snny, Riddler the list is endless.

I will now state that this is not my only reason. Over the last few months I have received some absolutely disgusting suggestions from some members via PM. I will give you a couple of examples. While I was ‘trolling’ the net I came across a couple of ‘nice’ pics and I thought Gemby would appreciate these. I think she did. Shortly after posting them I received a PM from someone I never heard of saying that I was a dirty old man ‘chatting up’ young girls. Had this been posted in the thread I would have treated it as a joke. Another case Scribblec asked for help to find the name of a tune. I helped him in his quest. Again shortly after by PM again someone I never heard of before, I was accused of being ‘an old poof’ chatting up young boys.

After I am gone I hope that Cheese and others continue with the Chat Bar concept. It was something the Lounge needed. Nearly 4500 posts in 5 weeks prove this. Pleas do me a favour and close this thread as one post. I don’t want the matter dwelled upon longer than is necessary.

Goodbye and all the best in the future

Bob
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i started the thread. i didnt visit your chat room, i think you have wires crossed. i believe cheese is one of the people i have made better friends with than others, it was a light hearted joke. i am sorry you have taken it this way.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I didnt want to break the "one post then close" rule but now spiders said something i feel I should.

Boab, you are one of the people that make this forum great. You have been kind, supportive, and funny, and we really need you. I honestly hope you reconsider...trolls will come and go but your friends here will stay, and I think I can speak for all of us when i say i hope you stick around.

My few cents mate.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    As above, I dont want to go against your wishes about the one post thing. I dont really know you but can I reiterate. It would be a shame for you to leave over what seems to be a misunderstanding. People seem to like your chatbars, it would really be a loss to the forum if you and they went away.

Please think about it.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I was never a chatroom user but i wish u'd reconsider..I get from your posts that u care about this place and thats what we need....I agree that some of the threads are just too silly or in bad taste..of course thats just my opinion..and this is the lounge so I usually just take the good and try to ignore the bad....the Pm part scares me more than anything tho....guess someone thought it was funny...but it isnt...I hope u dont go but if u do..stay well...and be safe and try to come back...

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@12 February 2004 - 00:37
    i started the thread. i didnt visit your chat room, i think you have wires crossed.
    QUOTE (Spider_dude @ 9 January 2004 - 17:32)
    i had a pint of vodka in here the other night. shame it had the gayest mixer in it ever. cherry and cranberry mixer. i think it was boabs choice.

Now that members have went against my wishes and replied i will now ask for this thread to remain open. I would like a reply to the above.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Boab,

The thread was all in good fun, I think a misunderstanding occurred.

Come on buddy, keep bringing us your love.

Take care and keep posting,

Hobbes

PS: Did Jpol get thrown in the mental asylum or has he become Agrajag?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by bigboab+12 February 2004 - 01:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 12 February 2004 - 01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@12 February 2004 - 00:37
    i started the thread. i didnt visit your chat room, i think you have wires crossed.
    i had a pint of vodka in here the other night. shame it had the gayest mixer in it ever. cherry and cranberry mixer. i think it was boabs choice.

Now that members have went against my wishes and replied i will now ask for this thread to remain open. I would like a reply to the above. [/b][/quote]
    that was a long long long time ago, it actually happened no offence was intended by it and i certainly hope you didnt take any. i was actually laughing at myself for drinking it. if you have a problem with it pm me.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by Spider_dude+12 February 2004 - 01:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider_dude @ 12 February 2004 - 01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bigboab@12 February 2004 - 01:12
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude
    @12 February 2004 - 00:37

Now that members have went against my wishes and replied i will now ask for this thread to remain open. I would like a reply to the above.
    that was a long long long time ago, it actually happened no offence was intended by it and i certainly hope you didnt take any. i was actually laughing at myself for drinking it. if you have a problem with it pm me. [/b][/quote]
    Well I find it strange that one of the few times you chose to visit the chat room, ou also chose to make a emark like that. Which I find offensive and indicated so at the time.

It is strange that quiet a few members chose not to go into the Chat bar. You friend Lamsey also made a Faux Pax on one of his few visits.

He went in and informed everyone that they seem to have an absent landlord. Why should he do this, I ask you? If he had bothered to do some checking at the time he would have found out I was in hospital with a heart attack.

Bt as usual it will be a case of I did not think at the time.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Again, it seems like a misunderstanding. Things being said which were intended as humour but taken the wrong way. Nobody in the right or wrong, just talking at crossed purposes, it happens. I am quite sure that with the benefit of a new dawn we will all see things as they were intended. A bit of fun on a forum which went wrong. It would be a shame if either the board or individuals lost out because of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast