Thread: Overnet, Emule, Edonkey Virus Backdoor

powerstick's Avatar Poster
    I know that musleman says that Emule, Overnet, and Edonkey doesn't have a virus or backdoor in it but my isp has been tellong me for a while that I have an undetected virus on my pc. Read the opost I have made under user post about my isp problems. I believe they are right because I found a trojan on Emule and now Overnet has a backdoor virus.... Also I use black Ice firewall and I always get blocked pings from my own computer name. This proves it. I have heard of others talking about ZoneAlarm doing the same thing. Can someone make an install without all this bad sh*t? My Norton keeps deleting the Exe and I don't really feel safe since my isp has been telling me the same thing and my firewall has been sending stuff and showing pings from my machine.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    from symantec:
    Note: Virus definitions released on February 24, 2004 to correct an issue with the Backdoor.Blarul detection which resulted in false positives. Virus definitions of 2/24/04 rev 17 (20040224.017) and greater contain the modified signature.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...oor.blarul.html

download the update file 20040224-017-i32.exe here. Run the .exe file then reboot.

Open norton anti-virus > reports > quarantined items >view report
    highlight " overnet.exe" and click " restore item"

overnet runs and no virus warning.

JG427

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Jg427@24 February 2004 - 20:23
    from symantec:
    Note: Virus definitions released on February 24, 2004 to correct an issue with the Backdoor.Blarul detection which resulted in false positives. Virus definitions of 2/24/04 rev 17 (20040224.017) and greater contain the modified signature.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...oor.blarul.html

download the update file 20040224-017-i32.exe here. Run the .exe file then reboot.

Open norton anti-virus > reports > quarantined items >view report
    highlight " overnet.exe" and click " restore item"

overnet runs and no virus warning.

JG427
    some body pin this please