Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resume Download

Hi. I started to d/l a song but halfway through had to close connection to net. When I came back, none of the file seemed to be there and I haf to start again.

Im using History and Popup Killer, would this effect it? Or would cookies?

Thanks, h1.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I've had the same thing too a couple of times,but i'm not sure why this happens.
    Very frustrating when your halfway trough a moviefile,and notice when you open up k-lite again it's back to 0/kb (even happens when k-lite is still open but the source goes ofline...seen it happen with my own eyes )

Anything I can say is that you'll have to swallow your frustration and start the dl again.I don't think cookies or pop-up blockers have any effest on this.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    you may have corrupted the dat files

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@12 February 2004 - 05:35
    And how is that possible?
    I mean,just closing k-lite or a source going ofline...don't see how this can corrupt a file

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    This may help. However, if the file is relatively small or you have a fast connection, it would probably be easier to just redownload the whole thing.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~+12 February 2004 - 00:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~FunK_mOb~ @ 12 February 2004 - 00:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@12 February 2004 - 05:35
    And how is that possible?
    I mean,just closing k-lite or a source going ofline...don&#39;t see how this can corrupt a file [/b][/quote]
    dat files can get corrupt very easy, he said he closed connection to the net, if he is saying what i think, then that could corrupt them.

he didn&#39;t say closing klite or source going off line now did he??

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@13 February 2004 - 00:04
    he didn&#39;t say closing klite or source going off line now did he??
    No but I did

even happens when k-lite is still open but the source goes ofline...seen it happen with my own eyes

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~+12 February 2004 - 19:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~FunK_mOb~ @ 12 February 2004 - 19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@13 February 2004 - 00:04
    he didn&#39;t say closing klite or source going off line now did he??&nbsp;
    No but I did

even happens when k-lite is still open but the source goes ofline...seen it happen with my own eyes
    [/b][/quote]
    well what you said has nothing to do with what he said and i was answering him.

now,

what is that you see when souces go off line??

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    I have observed that, when going offline or closing down Klite without going offline, I lose some of what I had downloaded.

If there is only a small amount (say 100ks or less) I can lose it all.

As a corollary of this, the same may apply with Bittorrents, but different software has differing losses. Using Shadow I have lost upwards of 10% of the download whereas with Azureus the loss is negligible.

This may be due to the bit size that is allocated to the file by each client and we are losing what has yet to be allocated to the saved file - it could be in a buffer awaiting allocation (or have I missed the point yet again?)
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by oldjagman@12 February 2004 - 23:16
    I have observed that, when going offline or closing down Klite without going offline, I lose some of what I had downloaded.

If there is only a small amount (say 100ks or less) I can lose it all.

that is an estimate so you are not losing anything the estimate has changed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast