Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webcam Reboot

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I don't actually understand what being a mentalist has to do with anything.

Parapsychological activities, such as telepathy and mind reading, and the belief that some mental phenomena cannot be explained by physical laws doesn't really seem relevant.

Unless JimF is meaning the alternative definition of the belief that the mind is the fundemental reality and objects of knowledge exist only as aspects of the subject's consciousness, in which case that's both pretty esoteric and would have to be stretched a ways.

Edit: typo.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by jimmyjimjames+6 March 2003 - 07:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jimmyjimjames @ 6 March 2003 - 07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@5 March 2003 - 10:26
    Are you actually a mentalist.
    I find your comments offensive, i have heard your comments on the matrix reload forum too.
    You should be VERY VERY asshamed

This forum was for me to notify you of a webcam can reboot your computer while using it and pulling out the usb cable, not discussing weather YOUR a mentalist you jerk.

I find you being MENTAL, not understanding this forums topic [/b][/quote]
    I apologise if I have caused you any upset.

I use the word "mentalist" as an homage to Alan Partridge, a comic character invented and played by the English comedian Steve Coogan. Partridge is probably my favourite comedy character and he uses the phrase "you are a mentalist",as such I intended it&#39;s use in a light hearted nature. I sometimes forget that there are people who may not understand these references. In a similar way I see Americans make posts which are obviously relevant to their culture, but mean nothing to me. It is possible that I may be offended by thing they say, I am sure that on a lot of occasions this is unintentional

I cannot recall what I posted in the matrix reloaded which may have offended you, please remind me and I can try to explain it. However don&#39;t assume that I didn&#39;t mean any offence (like on this occasion) as it is more likely that I did.

As an aside I remain unclear as to exactly what your tip is in this thread. If your post is as it appears in relation to a problem you are having with some Hardware, then I would suggest that this is not the correct place to post.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    I&#39;ve had a look myself. If you are referring to the fact that I called someone a mindless cretin I can explain that quite simply. The person is a mindless cretin. That was intended to be offensive to them. If you disagree, within the context of the thread then that is up to you.

Please let me know if it was something else which caused the offence.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by JmiF@6 March 2003 - 12:38
    As an aside I remain unclear as to exactly what your tip is in this thread. If your post is as it appears in relation to a problem you are having with some Hardware, then I would suggest that this is not the correct place to post.
    Agreed, rather than a tip it is more of a reaction by the system. Moving to hardware, perhaps you will get some tips/solutions there.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    sorry for even starting this forum, i thought it was just interesting i didnt want a war to happen.

Cya

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    life is like a box of matches just 1 spark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12