Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kl K++ Problem

  1. #1
    my k lit 2.4.3 wont dl anything it just says more sources for everything any one have an idea y
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    internet.news
    Guest
    Originally posted by icantwin@13 February 2004 - 07:50
    my k lit 2.4.3 wont dl anything it just says more sources for everything any one have an idea y
    That means there are not enough people at the moment on the K-Lite
    network with the same file. Wait a certain time, don't cancel, download
    it might start later when enough people have the same file. Or you can
    additionaly "Search More" Do Auto Search whole the time - that may find
    more sources.


  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by icantwin@13 February 2004 - 02:50
    my k lit 2.4.3 wont dl anything it just says more sources for everything any one have an idea y
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps, if you have a router get kanat

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I mean no disrespect to the moderator of this forum, but, if you walk into any computer store you will see that routers are the top sellers( 2% wall space for Microcenter). As broadband becomes the mainstay and routers to connect multiple users the emphasis here should be the inherent connection issues. Don't say your normal copy and paste statements. Address the issue with a pinned statement easy enough for a newbie to understand. I believe that if is phrased correctly more newbies will connect and therefore continue, more availability of files.

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by icantwin@13 February 2004 - 06:50
    my k lit 2.4.3 wont dl anything it just says more sources for everything any one have an idea y
    Dont waste your time with kazaa, use overnet and bittorent instead....

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by taximan233@14 February 2004 - 19:15
    I mean no disrespect to the moderator of this forum, but, if you walk into any computer store you will see that routers are the top sellers( 2% wall space for Microcenter). As broadband becomes the mainstay and routers to connect multiple users the emphasis here should be the inherent connection issues. Don't say your normal copy and paste statements. Address the issue with a pinned statement easy enough for a newbie to understand. I believe that if is phrased correctly more newbies will connect and therefore continue, more availability of files.
    :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
    Good response.

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Remember when you didn't know the diff between iso, bin, avi and such. It may have been a long time ago for you but you can relate to frustration of a noobie. Remember when you learned how to tie your shoelaces, did you do that on your own? All I ask is that a message gets pinned that average Joe noobie with a router can figure out.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by taximan233@15 February 2004 - 17:25
    Remember when you didn't know the diff between iso, bin, avi and such. It may have been a long time ago for you but you can relate to frustration of a noobie. Remember when you learned how to tie your shoelaces, did you do that on your own? All I ask is that a message gets pinned that average Joe noobie with a router can figure out.

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Another possible problem causing few sources for downloads is your connection is firewalled due to a poorly-configured software firewall (or router&#33

    If you have a firewall or router and don't take the extra steps to give KL++ access through them, then you WILL be blocking 50-80% of the entire network.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •