Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ntl Broadband Question

hi guys
    im on ntl broadband ond my connection speed is the 512 packagei have the option of upgradfing to the 1mb package and i was wondering if it is worth me upgrading to the 1mb option or just stay with the package i have
    cheers
    paul

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Oh yes its a must its only £10 more but well worth every penny trust me.

You wont be disapointed when you see some of your films coming down at around 70 and 100+ Kb/s.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Lord of the KLF
    I got 1mbit too and it is amazing however if you hear ppl whinging about the 1Gbyte download limit a day then just bear this in mind:
    1) They dont cap it so to speak
    2) You will get an email from ntl if you go over the 1GB limit 4 times in a 14 day period however
    3) They wont disconnect u

I've gone over it sooooooo many times and nothing

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    share4uk's Avatar London Clubber
    If your worried about capping or any future plans with NTL, then why not go to Blueyonder, they have stated that they will never enforce a limit of bandwidth a day as it would not be an 'unlimited service' as they state which is quite right. They offer a 512kb and a 1mb connection... I love em
    File Sharer by day... Raver at night...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by share4uk@7 March 2003 - 00:31
    If your worried about capping or any future plans with NTL, then why not go to Blueyonder, they have stated that they will never enforce a limit of bandwidth a day as it would not be an 'unlimited service' as they state which is quite right. They offer a 512kb and a 1mb connection... I love em
    I would but they don't have it in my area so i'm stuck with NTL.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    He might not be able to get blueyonder, i know i cant and anyway NTL arnet as bad as ppl are making themout to be, all the cap is for is time management thats all.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Having now been on the 1MB NTL service since before christmas, after upgrading from the 600K one, i can say, it is well worth it, and since they did some upgrades to their equipment a few weeks ago everything is running very well

For the most part the cap can be ignored, i've been continualy going above this limit on a daily basis and they have yet to contact me about it (although they did contact me about the amount i'm uploadig..)

And the speed that the upgrade takes place at if you do it over the phone is something like 5mins (that is of course after you spend the required hour or so on hold)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by stoi@7 March 2003 - 00:41
    He might not be able to get blueyonder, i know i cant and anyway NTL arnet as bad as ppl are making themout to be, all the cap is for is time management thats all.
    True, only thing that lets NTL down is their customer services in my opinion. I rang them last week and was hanging on for 45 mins, when I finally got through, I was only speaking to the guy for about 30 secs!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Luca, why did you phone them to upgrade? i just went to their website and upgraded from there its just takes 2 minutes tops and i had the 1meg connecion, easy and a lot better than staying on the phone for ans hour, even though ive never had that prob the most ive been kept waiting for is 5 minutes

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    5mins - lucky guy!!

I didn't know at the time that you could upgrade over the net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast