Thread: Outlook Express

Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    how do i make outlook express read my yahoo emails?
    does any1 no the pop3 servers?
    tYiA

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Bowen747x@14 February 2004 - 13:27
    how do i make outlook express read my yahoo emails?
    does any1 no the pop3 servers?
    You have to pay if you want to access Yahoo! Mail threw a POP account.

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Youll have a hard time using their pop servers. It used to be as easy as searching on google for them, but as Mr. Blunt stated they have changed their setup now.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Try using YahooPOPs! Free POP3/SMTP access to Yahoo Mail!.

Yahoo! Mail disabled free access to its POP3 service in April 2002. This resulted in many people (including myself) to look for alternative free POP3 services. But this exercise can be very difficult because of the fact that your Yahoo! Mail address could be with several people and informing all of them about your new email address could prove to be a nightmare.

And then one day, I stumbled across a Perl script called FetchYahoo, which almost did what I wanted! It downloaded emails from Yahoo's website and presented them in a format such that email clients like Netscape and Pine could read them. But, the format in which it saved the emails is not supported by all email clients, including the one that I use. Also, making a layman install Perl and to get a Perl script to work could be a nightmare.

So, YahooPOPs! was born. YahooPOPs! is an open-source initiative to provide free POP3 and SMTP access to your Yahoo! Mail account. YahooPOPs! is available on the Windows and Unix platforms.

YahooPOPs! emulates a POP3/SMTP server and enables popular email clients like Outlook, Netscape, Eudora, Mozilla, IncrediMail, Calypso, etc., to download and send emails from Yahoo! accounts.

How do we do it you ask? Well, this application is more like a gateway. It provides a POP3/SMTP server interface at one end to talk to email clients and an HTTP client (browser) interface at the other which allows it to talk to Yahoo!

If you are not convinced that YahooPOPs! works, just download it right away and give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    just wandering. just this help ?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    yea thnx
    tYiA

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    yahoo pops outlook express configuration settings are not as they appear.
    I have read the directions for configuring outlook express and even though they are not step by step as shown in reference to my outlook express they seem confusing.
    I am trying to set this up for my wife so does anyone have a more simply step-by-step configuration??

EDIT: Never mind, it took almost 10 min., but it finally worked.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    I assume you can only download the emails, right?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    yeppers, just downloads to your hard-drive.
    You still need to compose mail at yahoo, but you dont have to worry about your mailbox filling up.

So far wifey says its ok, shes not crazy about it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i thought you were able to send and receive (POP3/SMTP) emails. to setup i think you just set your email client to connect to your computer.