Thread: Internet Accelerators

Poster
    ok , downloaded so many of these so called internet accelerators , which absolutely do nothing at all , so does anybody know one that actually does what it says , i mean one thats actually going to increase my speed.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    If you have 56k, acceleraters wont work. I use TCPOptimizer, which I think is the best because it doesnt need to start on startup, and it doesnt need installing, just run it. My speeds start off at 400+KB/sec, then go down slowly to about 175KB/sec

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    h1
    Would this be a download accellerator or a web accellerator?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Your actual speeds are set by your ISP. A 56k connection will always remain a 56k connection (and you can forget on ever reaching the full 56kbps) no matter what you do or software you install. You can do a few tweaks here and there to improve page loading for your browser or install download managing programs to draw from the most available sources but that is about it. Perhaps if you are currently using a dial-up connection that is v90-based, you may want to switch it out for one that can support v92. Even then that will only lessen the "handshake time" between your modem and your ISP to reduce the actual time it takes you to connect. They say that the v92 standard also helps improve speed somewhat but I think that mostly pertains to just being able to make better use of the bandwidth your ISP alots you. Using the more premium designed phone lines running from your system to the outlet jack may improve the flow which will improve speed overall but do not count on anything earth-shattering. Other elements such as your area, type of services available, phone lines, internet traffic and even other users can all make or break your connection speeds.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Retired
    DAP has SHITWARE !

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@15 February 2004 - 15:01
    DAP has SHITWARE !
    Thats Download Accelerator! I dont know if he is talking about Web Accelerators or Download Accelerators

Web Acclerators dont wory they just store the websites you go in your cache and load it next time you go on that. Now Download Accelerators like DAP & Flashget would be a different thing. But which one do you mean?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    h1
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@15 February 2004 - 17:01
    DAP has SHITWARE &#33;
    IKE, that&#39;s the shitty free version. Pay for it (yeah right ) and it becomes plain crapware.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by haxor41789+15 February 2004 - 18:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 @ 15 February 2004 - 18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@15 February 2004 - 17:01
    DAP has SHITWARE &#33;
    IKE, that&#39;s the shitty free version. Pay for it (yeah right ) and it becomes plain crapware. [/b][/quote]
    I actually use that crapware, paid version ofcourse

Without paying ofcourse, doesnt that go without saying on this forum
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    muchspl2
    Main Entry: ox·y·mo·ron
    Pronunciation: "äk-sE-&#39;mor-"än
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural ox·y·mo·ra /-&#39;mor-&/
    Etymology: Late Greek oxymOron, from neuter of oxymOros pointedly foolish, from Greek oxys sharp, keen + mOros foolish
    : a combination of contradictory or incongruous words (as cruel kindness); broadly : something (as a concept) that is made up of contradictory or incongruous elements