Thread: Pal Or Ntsc

How do I tell if a video I downloaded is in a Pal or a ntsc format ??? for burning to a cd rw to play on a play station 2....

I have a cd rw and a dvd rom. but no dvd rw...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by ricochet@15 February 2004 - 14:44
    How do I tell if a video I downloaded is in a Pal or a ntsc format ??? for burning to a cd rw to play on a play station 2....

I have a cd rw and a dvd rom. but no dvd rw...
    shouldnt this be in movieworld?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    If you're just buring mate it dont make any difference ,its already encoded just burn.

Or virtual dub 25fps is pal ,23 & 29 is ntsc.Or play the movie then look at the properties & it should tell you

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I checked out the properties and nothing shows about the format... It is a divx movie... I tried to burn it as a ntsc and that wont work so I will try it as a pal...

Can a ps2 station play these kinds of burns ???

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wait, if its Divx, then it's been encoded to avi, and if you wanted to put it in CDs then you need to reencode it to a VCD format. all.tmpgenc pay version
    tmpgenc Free edition
    Real easy software. Basically point and click.

PS2 doesn't normally play burned DVDs, as far as I know, without it being modded or having a boot disk. But VCDs... I don't think it can play it at all. Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ricochet@16 February 2004 - 02:18
    I checked out the properties and nothing shows about the format... It is a divx movie... I tried to burn it as a ntsc and that wont work so I will try it as a pal...

Can a ps2 station play these kinds of burns ???
    Open the file in vdub mate ,goto file ,then file information ,first line after the res.It will tell you the frame rate.