Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deffinition Of Murder

Originally posted by Skillian@5 March 2003 - 19:32
    I think the reason most countries don't let you vote at 16 is that you are still too young to have fully formed your opinions about the world. This applies with the death penalty too. I don't think being able to vote would make it OK, I'm just surprised that a country could believe that someone who is too young to express his opinion about the government is old enough to be executed.

I too think if someone in my family was murdered I would want the murderer dead, but that is why we have institutions to make the judgement without the bias caused by emotions and desires for revenge.

Quick Q: if the victim's family expressed their desire not to have the death penalty imposed, could this have an effect on the judge's ruling?
    Tje judgement over a is absolute the taking of a life life in vengeance is wrong irrespective of circumstances
    Murder is Murder

Help yourselves to the cop outs

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Well, I know several girls who got pregnant, and married at 15, 16.
    So they're old enough to marry and raise kids, but not responsible for their own actions?

I ... we have institutions to make the judgement without the bias caused by emotions and desires for revenge.
    Actually, that sounds like somebody who is PRO death penalty would say.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    That does sound pro capital punishment I suppose. I was talking about judicial institutions in general, rather than those in the states that practice the death penalty. Unfortunately, in those cases I believe that the motive behind the punishment is revenge, which has no place in the idea of justice. How can one type of killing be OK? IMO it is the ultimate kind of hypocrisy.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Bring them to White Hart Lane...I will lay on coaches so
    we can all goto Highbury..How much punishment is that ?
    Life sentence

5. Lounge   -   #25
    insanebassman
    God kills as a form of punishment, if you beleive in any western religions. As for Hindi, and Buddism, I do not know... Japanese old philosaphy is how I base my feelings.

Fuck up too much, you die.

I think the death penalty is not used enough.

Violent Rapists, Child Molesters and murderers should face an undignified death. (By murderers I mean those who kill without need, such as robbery, greed or for the thrill etc. )

My opinion, call me a barbarian or what ever... It may not be right, but it is how I feel.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Sorry, double post.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by Skillian@5 March 2003 - 21:21
    Sorry, double post.
    Skillian what you drinking ?
    I want some lol

8. Lounge   -   #28
    God kills as a form of punishment, if you beleive in any western religions. As for Hindi, and Buddism, I do not know... Japanese old philosaphy is how I base my feelings.
    Firstly, justice and the law is not based on religion. Secondly even if it was, it is not up to the judges to second-guess God, Allah, whatever and do His job for Him.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Zardoz has a point here.
    There is no perfect lawsystem .
    Executions can not be undone .
    Life imprisonment can,history has proved too many miscariages of justice!

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller@5 March 2003 - 21:36
    Zardoz has a point here.
    There is no perfect lawsystem .
    Executions can not be undone .
    Life imprisonment can,history has proved too many miscariages of justice!
    Right, how many were executed in the US, turning out to be not guilty after all?
    What do they say then: sorry, made a little mistake?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast