Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies That Rule

If you had to recommend one brilliant and slightly non-mainstream film (i.e. something not everyone will have seen) what would it be??
    Mine would have to be either The Big Lebowski or Tron

The Big Lebowski is, I think, the Coen brothers funniest film. The story centres around a slacker who is mistaken for a millionaire and subsequently has his favourite rug peed on. While seeking compensation for his soiled rug he and his slightly odd bowling buddies become embroiled in a very unusual kidnapping fiasco. The bit with the weasel/ferret in the bath cracks me up every time. (Made in 1998)

copied hashes to verifieds Hashes work and only allowed in there Jetje

Tron is a cult classic whose influence is visible in many films/programmes and cartoons. The basic plot is that a company's rogue program is taking over all the computers on the planet with the goal of ruling over everyone and creating a more efficient society. A fired and disgruntled employee attempts to hack into the system and is digitised for his efforts. Inside the system he must fight in gladitorial style battles to stay alive and save the world. Sorry for the crap explanation, you really have to see it to understand it. (Made in 1982)

copied hashes to verifieds Hashes work and only allowed in there Jetje

Sorry wasn't sure how to post quicklinks and FAQ wasn't clear

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Mine has to be "Good Will Hunting", I love that movie. It is brilliantly written, which is the reason it won best screenplay. Even though Ben Affleck sucks at an actor, he was ok in the movie. Matt Damon was absolutely fantastic. Robin Williams did a great job.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Goonies

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    only 1 movie !?!?!?!?!?!?!? O.M.G

what about

Matrix, Gladiator, Pulp Fiction, Goodfella's, Snatch, Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels, Cool Hand Luke, Green Mile, Dogma, Drunken Master,
    Prodigal Son and Hannibal

All classics, some groundbreaking, all Excellent

~-- patience just takes practice --~

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Curley@5 March 2003 - 19:26
    Goonies
    I love that film so much but cant find it anywhere (Chunk and his truffle shuffle )

If anyone has this please post a hash PLEAAAAAAAAAASE

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    jetje's Avatar former star
    One must see movie are

Arlington Road - with Jeff bridges
    Le Grande Bleu - Jean Reno. Mainly for picture and music but story was pretty nice to.
    Discovery of Heaven - Jeroen Krabbé
    Once upon a time in the west (anyone a sig2dat from a DVDRip?)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by Chilly+5 March 2003 - 21:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chilly @ 5 March 2003 - 21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Curley@5 March 2003 - 19:26
    Goonies
    I love that film so much but cant find it anywhere (Chunk and his truffle shuffle )

If anyone has this please post a hash PLEAAAAAAAAAASE [/b][/quote]
    see here
    In this list is a 2cd version... real good copy. B)

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    I really liked John Q.
    Don&#39;t know if it&#39;s considered &#39;mainstream"&#39; though.....

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by jetje@5 March 2003 - 19:43
    see here
    In this list is a 2cd version... real good copy.&nbsp; B)
    You are a DIAMOND

And i have to say that was one Hell of a post BIG RESPECT

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    If non-mainstream is the only criteria I would have to say The Boondock Saints probably has my vote. However Reservoir Dogs and the Usual Suspects both started out as non-mainstream and turned into huge hits when the rentals appeared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast