View Poll Results: What's your favorite name for the old lounge ?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Chat Bar (keep as is)

26 30.23%
  • The Chat Pub

3 3.49%
  • The Old Lounge

7 8.14%
  • Off Topic Talk

2 2.33%
  • Chillout Room / Area

8 9.30%
  • None of them - I'll post a suggestion

7 8.14%
  • Lounge - and a new name for the new forum

33 38.37%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Names (upcoming Poll)

internet.news
    Originally posted by 7thElement@16 February 2004 - 10:32
    I like the bar idea (cause it makes sense)

Let's wait for more suggestions and I'll start a poll.
    I don't know why you changed the name, but well ok

Interesting...

The Chat Bar: The K-Lite Night (Session) Bar

The Lounge (new): The Open Space Place

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    BANNED
    As "The Lounge" wasn't an option when l voted, l change my vote fron "none" to "The Lounge" and change this one.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I think the new (insert term here) should be something along the lines of the "Study" as Nigel (I think) suggested; if the idea is to stay relevant and on topic, then "Chat Bar" would be about the least appropriate name possible-most bar "chats" or conversations are nothing but spam, so we should at least try to be true to the intent in creating this new....um...(insert term here).

Dontcha' think?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Its magic baby!
    I think change the new one to reception (and discussion or somthing similar) or mass-debate room or antispam world

Keep the old lounge as the lounge...... because that implies relaxing and chatting

To me the chat bar sounds silly if you had to do it at least write the lounge and chat bar not the lounge and thechat bar cas that sounds crap.

If you call it the bar it would be alright because before you didn't have the chat lounge.

Or instead of off topic talk you could have off topic chat.

and the reception and the lounge.
    Wiz.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by summerlinda@16 February 2004 - 23:37
    In the Netherlands [ = Europe  ] we say: Cafe, Kroeg, Bar and never use the word Pub! I think its British only 

Aussie too. I think leave the old one the lounge and give the new one a different name. But I don't think it should be reception cos it's not just for n00bs, it's for anyone that's wants a halfway serious conversation.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    Ok how about this:

New forum:

The Debate Club
    For (serious) discussions on any topic. New to our boards ? Introduce yourself here ! NOTE: This forum will be moderated more strictly than the others to keep the discussions on-topic.

Old Lounge:

The Lounge
    Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, this is the original Off-Topic forum. Come on in and talk about absolutely anything (within our board rules).

Acceptable ?

Marc

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by 7thElement@16 February 2004 - 12:39
    Ok how about this:

New forum:

The Debate Club
    For (serious) discussions on any topic. New to our boards ? Introduce yourself here ! NOTE: This forum will be moderated more strictly than the others to keep the discussions on-topic.

Old Lounge:

The Lounge
    Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, this is the original Off-Topic forum. Come on in and talk about absolutely anything (within our board rules).

Acceptable ?

Marc
    7th-

Then perhaps we ought to consider folding "World Events" into your "Debate" idea; otherwise we may as well go back to our browsers or newspapers.

If issues are to be this new (insert name here)'s forte, aren't we duplicating or overlapping here?

I think confusion may just reign.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    I don't see any issues with the new forum vs the world events. It's just similar cause the rules but in general The Debate Club is open for any topic (can be fun, hobbies, chit chat) BUT no off - topic posts within single discussions.

It's more or less a lounge without spam / flaming / hijacking.

Anyway... right now it's more or less just a name issue.

So my suggestion still stands:

The Debate Club

Old Lounge:

The Lounge

If it is acceptable then please let me know cause I want to finish this task cause we made already enough changes

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Bunch of geeks.Do you never go to a Bar?Man 7th give us an Adult Room and let us open our own Bar.

Keep the name.

Debate Club?!

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    I personally like the chat bar (old lounge) cause sometimes it's really like a bar (people drink and change within hours) but it seems that most people want to call the old lounge "Lounge" and rename the new one....

Sigh this is getting annoying

Anyway we need to find an acceptable solution...

So pleaseeeeeee let me know what you prefer cause

None of them - I'll post a suggestion [ 5 ]

doesn't help if there are no comments.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast