Thread: Suggestion For A New Section/subsection

As this is a forum all about p2p and the fact that p2p users seem to be unfairly persecuted, I thought that we should have an area set aside for the express purpose of helping members to protect themselves.

I belive this is vital to our future although many prefer to rely on the large number of p2p users to protect them.

I would suggest that a few of the more tech savvy members here get together and write an extensive guide covering many of the mainstream methods of protecting your identities.

This could just be a stickied thread kept in General Filesharing or something. But I would also suggest having a stickied shortcut within each of the p2p app. sections.

Or this could be a section all of it's own with stickies for the basic methods and then the following area for members to post question/discussion about the various methods available.

I suggest keeping it within General Filesharing or creating it's own section because the methods used would cover a variety of areas including software and hardware.

We have many excellent discussions throughout the forum about this stuff and I belive it would be a great addition and help to many if there is an area set aside just for this.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://bellsouthpwp.net/F/u/FuNkY_Ca...20Gun.jpg&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    [img]http://bellsouthpwp.net/F/u/FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN/FC%20Gun.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

That is what I use to Protect myself.Not in as good of shape but it works.

*Ok ok.Sorry.Bad humor I know&#33; *

So what do you mean by protecting identities?My name and Address is already on this Forum for the World to see.And so is a few others.But am not going to worry about some geek with his PC coming to my Place.

Or are you talking about Firewalls?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Unfortunately I probably couldn&#39;t even lift that thing I gotta go for the type of protection that involves the strength of my fingers or maybe the addition of a little(computer) hardware

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    internet.news
    I think it would be ok - nothing against this section.

I also think that if you want to have Filesharing relating stuff
    being discussed like Privacy & Protection, there is "General Filesharing Talk", isn&#39;t it?

Guys, keep also in mind - if you make too many sections/areas, it would be difficult
    for new members to find. A simple and easy to find board is fine - hope you know
    what I mean

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    @FC

I mean protecting yourself when using the various p2p apps. out there.

There are many ways to do this, Peergaurdian and proxies are examples.

But I belive that a forum such as this should have a clear cut section that describes as many ways as possible for us to protect ourselves with guides to using them with the various apps. we all use.

I am sure there are members here who use methods that many of us have either never heard of or just really do not know how to implement.

Seems a good way to further our future in p2p.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot