Hoodlums
    Four Room
    Resevoir Dogs
    Deciever
    boondock Saints

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    If I had to choose one....

"A Bronx Tale"

Robert Deniros directorial debut, written by Chazz Palminteri.

Why?

Because "nobody cares." (watch the movie to get it.)

oh...

another would be "Fight Club"

because no one can f*ck with the underground, because we are your average people with intent to obtain that which all industries sell at inflated rates. So we'll rape them and take what we want from them. It's what they deserve.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by aNiZeGuy@6 March 2003 - 16:17
    keep this topic alive people
    It is alive, and its also one of three threads on the exact same topic.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    shawshank redemption
    gangs of new york
    braveheart
    the patriot
    usual suspects
    kiss the girls
    outbreak
    the siege
    CORKY ROMANO

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    I thought of a few more, also added some reasons and info.

Ice Age, loved this movie. Was very pleasantly surprised after downloading it for my kids and finding it very entertaining for myself as well.

Gorky Park (1983) When three faceless corpses are discovered in Moscow's Gorky Park, the Moscow militia's top investigator, Arkady Renko (William Hurt), is assigned to the case. An honest Soviet official, Renko uncovers a murky and dangerous plot involving sinister KGB agents, the corrupt Soviet government, and a powerful American businessman. Although many of the Russians in the film speak with an English accent (all the dialogue is in English), GORKY PARK proves to be a provocative, fast-paced thriller that captures all of the intrigue and suspense in Martin Cruz Smith's best-selling novel of the same name. Director Michael Apted handled the thriller genre before in SQUEEZE and AGATHA, and the experience shows in GORKY PARK; there are so many twists and turns in the plot, viewers are constantly kept off balance. A supporting cast of Lee Marvin, Brian Dennehy, and Joanna Pacula (in her first starring role) back up Hurt with solid performances.

Field Of Dreams (Guys normally got this movie, however most if not all women never understood it)

World According To Garp - The movie is about the life of T.S. Garp (Robin Williams), the “bas-tard son of Jenny Fields” - a nurse. The T.S. stands for Technical Sergeant - Jenny Fields (Glen Close), as we find out along the way, impregnates herself by a soldier named Technical Sergeant Garp. She wants a baby but not a man to complicate her life so she hops aboard a soldier in the hospital who is badly injured but has a constant erection. All he can say is Garp, Garp, Garp. When she makes this choice to rape this guy he utters one more word.... you’ll have to watch to hear what that is...... We get to watch Garp grow up at the New England school where his mother works. We see him become interested in wrestling, sex (lots) and writing which all play important roles in his life. As Garp enters college and sets his sights on writing his mother takes up the craft as well. She sees a hooker in New York who she offers to pay to ask questions over coffee - then this weird woman hands the hooker money to sleep with her son! The indirect result of this is her feminist novel entitled “Sexual Suspect” which is extremely well timed with the Women’s Liberation movement - it instantly become a best seller. This path leads her to open a home for people with all sorts of unusual issues that need healing of one sort or another, including the Ellen Jamesians who cut out their own tongues to honor a little girl who was raped and whose tongue was cut out so she wouldn’t identify the rapist. Also we meet Roberta Muldoon (John Lithgow) who is an ex football star and is now a woman. Garp’s marriage to Helen takes many interesting turns - they both enter into affairs after the birth of their second son; Garp with the allegedly 18 year old baby sitter and Helen, his wife, with one of her students. Watch the movie to discover what happens to Helen’s student when they meet for the last time as she breaks it off with him. You WILL squirm here, I promise you. Doesn’t matter whether you’re a man or woman. The performances of Robin Williams, Glen Close and John Lithgow are among their finest, in my opinion.

I think that this was my first chance many years ago to see Williams as anything other than a comedian - what a tremendous actor he has turned out to be! I loved this movie - if you haven’t seen it yet, check it out. You’ll enjoy it too. (totally borrowed synopsis, but I agree with every word and could not have bettered it)

Platoon - war epic

Fort Apache, the Bronx (1981) A controversial, grittily realistic depiction of life among cops in one of New York's toughest precincts, with Paul Newman as a beat cop who must buck the system when he learns that a fellow officer has killed an innocent street kid. Ed Asner, Danny Aiello, Ken Wahl, Pam Grier also star

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    I agree with Bard about "The man who would be king", great movie. Anyway, a movie with Michael Caine & Sean Connery both as leads can't lose.
    A couple of favourites for me would have to be
    The Keep (dir. a young Michael Mann). A bit rough around the edges but great atmosphere and soundtrack.
    Black cat, White cat (Dir: Emir Kusturica), Comedy set in former Yugoslavia. Bloody funny (!&#33 with another great soundtrack. With subtitles but don't let that put you off.
    Seven. Classic.
    Predator 2. monsters, sci fi, guns, lots of blood. Fantastic.
    Brother (dir. and star "beat" Takeshi Kitano). Understated cool.
    I could keep going but I won't bore the pants off of yer.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Poster
    wow guys real nice taste.. keep posting!!

dumb & dumber
    as good as it gets
    liar liar
    termintor

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Poster
    [QUOTE=Jibbler,8 March 2003 - 03:57]
    Quote Originally Posted by aNiZeGuy,6 March 2003 - 16:17
    keep this topic alive people
    It is alive, and its also one of three threads on the exact same topic.--

loads had viewd the topic but not many posts, cause they r all lamers its there problem if they wwanna be fags,dicks alive is when there are 50 good posts full of dsecent movies or is there only 20 decent movies..? or only 20 ppl know of decent movies, look and see how many ppl have vied this topic , - THAT IS NOT ALIVE

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast