Thread: Tv Episodes

This might be a stupid question, but :

Are there any copyright issues about downloading episodes of TV shows?

I know that shows like Friends and Enterprise are readily available on free TV, but what about The Shield, Sopranos and other cable shows.

Please don't make fun of me if this is too stupid as I have been living in Europe the past 5 years so I really haven't got a clue.

Thanks

OVV

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    yeah, the copyrights still do apply, for both cable and broadcast television. tv networks have been making a lot of money in the past few years by issuing their shows as dvd collections, so they have financial reasons for enforcing their copyrights. it is customary for different countries to honor each other's copyrights, so i doubt your local government would legally tolerate the downloading of tv shows either.

but... i'd say that downloading tv is less risky than downloading hollywood movies. it doesn't seem to be as much of a concern, especially if the show is not available on dvd yet. you'd prolly not run nearly as much of a risk of getting in trouble by downloading episodes of Enterprise, as opposed to Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King or something like that.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    That's good to hear. The bulk of my downloads are those series and it's usually those files that I share.

Thanks for the info.

OVV