Thread: Users Sharing

1- When searching for a file, the total users sharing found is often less than a 100 when I know that the particular file is shared by thousands of people (lets say a song by Madonna or someone very popular). Why is that?? 2- Again when I'm searching for a file, does Kazaa looks only to computer near me (example, if I'm in Toronto, does kazaa looks only to users near Toronto)???

Thanks for shedding some light

w11z

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    what is your version of klite??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by w11z@16 February 2004 - 19:51
    1- When searching for a file, the total users sharing found is often less than a 100 when I know that the particular file is shared by thousands of people (lets say a song by Madonna or someone very popular). Why is that?? 2- Again when I'm searching for a file, does Kazaa looks only to computer near me (example, if I'm in Toronto, does kazaa looks only to users near Toronto)???

Thanks for shedding some light

w11z
    since not all users are on a supernode same as u all the users who have the file wont show up.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    kLite 2.4.3

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    update to klr 2.4.9 and don't be so sure how many people have or are sharing the file. and try jumping supernodes to find more sources. for more info and visuals feel free to visit our forum at kltforums, just hit my sig good luck boss