Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Just Encoed Dog Sosoldiers

Poster
    its made dog soliders go from a 700mb to a 3.2GB file but with no sound, but first i used copytodvd to put it on disk but is would only open as a realmedia file and not a dvd, where has the sound gone

2. Movies & TV   -   #2

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    muchspl2

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    is there any way i can do it as a dvd and not a s/vcd because the file is now 3.2 gb thats 5 cd-r`s.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    muchspl2
    just do it again I don't think you have the correct vafpi settings and/or codecs

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    BANNED
    You've gone wrong somewhere mate ,obviously,But if you have a dvdburner ,i'm not even sure what you've made mate,just strip the audio ,encode it again then mux it back.If its not a dvd mpeg2 ,like svcd you'll have to modify it a bit to go to dvd.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    tempgenc has probs with some sound formats, you need to adjust a few settings for it to encode properly (if at all).

I would recommend using cucusoft vcd/dvd converter, it processes all sound formats you're likely to get on divx/xvid movies on kazaa.

By the way the reason the movie is 3.2 gig is because you set the bitrate too high. There is no point in point in having high bitrate (over 4000 kb/s) on downloaded movies because it will just take too much space for no reason.

You should re-encode it either as kvcd (as muchspl2 would advocate ) or as dvd mpeg 2 with vbr (variable bitrate) of between 2000 and 4000 kb/s.

This will give you smaller sized movie, which means you can fit 2 to 3 movies on one dvdr disk.

I've managed to fit 4 1/2 hours of movies on one dvd-r disk with only a tiny loss of visible quality.

EDIT: corrected spelling mistake
    Robert00000

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    You're crazy mate nad havnrt got a clue mate

tempgenc has probs with some sound formats, you need to adjust a few settings for it to encode properly (if at all).
    no it dont
    I would recommend using cucusoft vcd/dvd converter, it processes all sound formats you're likely to get on divx/xvid movies on kazaa.
    Well thats up to us mate ,but tmp is the easiest and the best

You should re-encode it either as kvcd (as muchspl2 would advocate  ) or as dvd mpeg 2 with vbr (variable bitrate) of between 2000 and 4000 kb/s.

This will give you smaller sized movie, which means you can fit 2 to 3 movies on one dvdr disk.

I've managed to fit 4 1/2 hours of movies on one dvd-r disk with only a tiny loss of visible quality.

why reencode when he dont need to .Ppl should learn how to encode poperly before playin with bitrates,mateAnd as for fiting a pile of movies is obviously doable ,but shit even 4000 bitrate is low for a good quality dvd,so where you got you shouldnt bother using a bitrate of more than 4000 i dont know,esp when a decent quality dvd runs around 8000.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ck-uk@17 February 2004 - 18:54
    You're crazy mate nad havnrt got a clue mate

no it dont
    Well thats up to us mate ,but tmp is the easiest and the best

You should re-encode it either as kvcd (as muchspl2 would advocate ) or as dvd mpeg 2 with vbr (variable bitrate) of between 2000 and 4000 kb/s.

why reencode when he dont need to .Ppl should learn how to encode poperly before playin with bitrates,mateAnd as for fiting a pile of movies is obviously doable ,but shit even 4000 bitrate is low for a good quality dvd,so where you got you shouldnt bother using a bitrate of more than 4000 i dont know,esp when a decent quality dvd runs around 8000.
    The fact of the matter is i've been encoding movies for over 3 years, so i have more of a clue than most

Have you actually encoded a movie where tmpgenc gave you problems with the sound? if you havent then you shouldnt speak, because you havent downloaded one that's in a format tmpgenc couldnt process. I've downloaded at least half a dozen.

I use tmpgenc for most of my conversions, but for a novice cucusoft is much easier, thats why i recommended it.

As for the bitrate, everyone should understand why its important, becasue it determines the file size and quality. Are you seriously suggesting you can improve the quality of a divx/xvid movie downloaded from the net?

What would be the point in setting the bitrate at 8000kb/s when the original downloaded movie has less quality than the max. 4000 can encode. have you ever checked to see by converting a divx/xvid from the net at different bitrates and comparing the quality? I have

Can i ask a simple question have actually used the settings i've mentioned or are you blabbing on about something you don't know?

All my advice is from experience by trying many different methods and settings, so i know what i'm talking about
    Robert00000

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    BANNED
    Have you actually encoded a movie where tmpgenc gave you problems with the sound? if you havent then you shouldnt speak, because you havent downloaded one that's in a format tmpgenc couldnt process. I've downloaded at least half a dozen.
    Obviously have ,,other wise i wouldnt have a clue

As for the bitrate, everyone should understand why its important, becasue it determines the file size and quality. Are you seriously suggesting you can improve the quality of a divx/xvid movie downloaded from the net?
    You'll have to explain this one again mate ,i dont know what you're on about

What would be the point in setting the bitrate at 8000kb/s when the original downloaded movie has less quality than the max. 4000 can encode. have you ever checked to see by converting a divx/xvid from the net at different bitrates and comparing the quality? I have
    You still havnt got a clue mate.The source quality has nothing to do with it .If you're encoding with a high res you need a high bitrate as possible to keep the motion fluent

Can i ask a simple question have actually used the settings i've mentioned or are you blabbing on about something you don't know?
    No i havnt mate ,why would i?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast