Thread: Dual Monitor Software

Poster
    a dual monitor setup is so useful. i usually have my main app (IE, Word, etc) in monitor one which is directly infront of me, then have all the smaller windows (winamp, bit torrent, etc.) running in the other to quickly view their status. it is especially usefull for programmers and graphics designers, as you can easily view source code and such without shitfing focus.

right now i have a second monitor (1280x1024) hooked up to my laptop (1600x1200) which i otfen take to university. it does not take long to setup while i'm at home. i'm looking for a good program that can easily switch between single and dual monitors, and can handle other display properties like wallpaper, color depth, resolution and such.

i know there's a lot of software which can manage the dual system. i'm using UltraMon at the moment which has some cool features.

What other programs do you use and are worth checking out?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well.. I just use the ATI Drivers software that works with my ATI Radeon 9500 Pro.
    Automaticly has dual moniter settings. Pretty sweet driver setup for ATI if you ask me.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    ya, there's something similar from nVidia for my GeForce4 440 Go.
    it's called nView. The only problem is that you can't switch from 1 to 2 monitors from the user interface. you have to go through the windows display properties which is sooooo slow.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    What do u mean by switch? ATI allows ya to just move your mouse over to the edge and it will appear on the other screen. does nVidia do this?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    yes yes yes...
    it's one giant continuous screen.
    i mean switching from having 1 monitor enabled to having both enabled. when i take the laptop to university, i have to disable the second monitor before unplugging it or some of the settings will be messed up. what i'm looking for is something to handle this quickly without doing it through windows display properties.