Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monitor Refresh

Keikan's Avatar ........
    for my monitor refresh rate should I pick 60 or 70 or 72 or 75 hertz?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    h1
    As high as your monitor supports (RTFM). 65 or lower might give you headaches or eye damage.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    what does all this mean, because i get headaches from my screen, i have my screen really dim. what can i do to change this, how can i find out how many of whatever my screen supports

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    h1
    :rtfm: J/K. Since you're saying it's "dim," I'd raise the brightness or set the color to 9300K.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    You should be careful with seting your monitors refresh rate. You can screw up your whole monitor with the incorrect settings. When I say screw up I mean physically damage it to the point where it may be inoperable.

And in windows you should have the check box selected that says "Hide modes that this monitor can not dislpay." I think its on by default. This only deals with the refresh rate. Anything else you can pretty much experiment with and change it to your liking depending on the size of your monitor. 60 or 70 should do it for a 14 or 15 inch monitor, vice versa as the size increases so should your refresh rate.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Yep the high the better,the lower it is the more the screen flickers.Why tv-outs have anti flicker functions to compensate for tvs only being able to handle 60hz.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    the box which says 'hide modes which cannot be displayed' is not 'checkable' i mean i cant tick it, and there is no tick in the box to begin with. what can i do for it to allow me to check the box?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by the mask@17 February 2004 - 14:16
    the box which says 'hide modes which cannot be displayed' is not 'checkable' i mean i cant tick it, and there is no tick in the box to begin with. what can i do for it to allow me to check the box?
    I wouldnt worry about it. As long as you dont set it to some super high refresh rate that your monitor cant handle you should be ok.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    If I put mine on 75 then I get little glitches and wierd stuff with different websites, I keep it on 60

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    hmm I put it on 72 and it looks a bit clearer i think maybe more LCD like
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast