Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The End Of The Road.

AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    There are certain words Lamsey, that no one should be subjected to especially not children of which there are plenty on this board.

Don't let your bitterness get the better of you.

I only bring this up because it was mentioned by 7th.

7th says:
    but as soon as people post "cunt" "fucker" etc
    7th says:
    then its off topic
    7th says:
    and changes to something else
    Rikk says:
    use the word filters, that's what they are for
    Rikk says:
    you shouldn't allow "cunt" on the board
    The rest of it is crap. Not everyone on the board is going to get along, I don't always get along with Billy Dean and it's usually his way with words that upsets me. But in the end, getting past words, his actions are always good. Ask how many people he has helped on this board. Not necessarily publically, but privately in pm or msn.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Ex-member
    I'm not bitter at all, like I said I find it really funny.

I certainly shall miss the positive aspect of Billy_Dean's character, the 'guess this picture' games and so on.

I won't be missing the constant flaming, trolling and conspiracy theories though

3. Lounge   -   #23
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well AussieSheila, I was under the impression this was said in a private messenger conversation between Rikk and 7thE. Of course I might be wrong....

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by Lamsey@17 February 2004 - 10:18
    I love all this shouting about "Word Filters for Swear Words"

I remember when VB and I tried that one out. Didn't go down to well

"Why don't we burn some books while we are at it." "This is a violation of our basic right to freedom of speech!" and so on.
    Well bugger me with a fish fork

Me and you actually agree Lamsey, I remember my own threads trying to stop swearing, I don't really like to see it, not just for the sake of it.

@Rikk......You know the situation between you and me, so this is said as an outsider looking in, ........Were you really that suprised?......Honestly?

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@17 February 2004 - 09:51
    Well bugger me with a fish fork
    I'd rather not

6. Lounge   -   #26
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I remember a Person saying give people the choice to use a Filter or not.What was his name?Hmmmmmmm.....

FC!

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    I totally agree that some words should not be used but I think it's better if such words are not censored because it makes no sense at all.

Life means learning from mistakes and you can be sure people will learn from their mistakes others point them out like:

"Do you really think it is necessary to post such words here"

Censoring is NOT the right way to get around issues. It will just cause more aggression cause people will think that we enjoy censoring. The right way is to let people know what they did wrong and to discuss it - like I tried with BD.

BD's reply to my chat request was to post "7th told me i'll get banned" to get people on his side in the first place. This was a good example of issues we have with him. If something doesnt work out like he want's then he starts a topic to get people on his side instead to discuss the problem.

It seems like it is easier for him to point at other people's mistakes instead to think about himself first - or at least to wait until a discussion took place.

My idea was to talk to him and explain why he should take a timeout but the first thing he did was posting here that I'll ban him. He didn't even give me a chance to explain why I think it's best to take a timeout - he just posted without thinking.

I have nothing personally against him or other troublesome people cause most times PM do the job and people understand eachother better.

I can't do more than trying to show the teams point of view. In this case BD wasn't interested to find out WHY we think a timeout is needed. He was only interested to show me that our team is bad and that we are doing everything wrong.

I agree that something went wrong when IKE put him on moderation "forever" instead of 7 days but as we all know BD has a mouth and that's why i wonder why BD didn't complain about it in the first place. He decided to wait a month before he asked BOT to lift his mod preview instead to ask: "Why am I still on mod preview".

I mean common he always opens his mouth if he doesn't like something - why didn't he before a whole month was over ? Maybe to have something to attack us afterwards ?

Another fact is that BD is the ONLY member in our whole board history who had an extreme high warning level for personal attacks, insulting topics and more. It was just a matter of time until this had to happen.

BD posted with many different account names to get around his mod preview which resulted in his son complaining why he is banned too - well what do you expect from us ? to let it slip forever ?

Sure many of his friends won't like that he is banned but there has to be an end somewhere.

I already know what will happen next: BD will register a new account (like he said) and he will be nice. Then one day he will say:

"Look I created a new account and just because you didn't know it's me I was not banned"

Yeah sure.. if people post nice they won't get banned.

In total there are 90 bans in our database. The only ban I issued was BD's ban and a few bad nickname bans so it't can't really be me (even if people will always think that I am the ass here)

I don't care what people think about me cause this board is not my life. I just take action if action is requested by mods or if instant action is needed to protect the board.

If people can't accept this I can't help - sorry.

Marc

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@17 February 2004 - 09:59
    I remember a Person saying give people the choice to use a Filter or not.What was his name?Hmmmmmmm.....

FC!

It's a global setting like the admin said, man. It can't be done without a major mod to IPB, and unless 7th feels like spending the time to do that then it won't happen.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@17 February 2004 - 10:44
    Well AussieSheila, I was under the impression this was said in a private messenger conversation between Rikk and 7thE. Of course I might be wrong....
    The discussion took place over MSN messenger - yes.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I am not on anybodys side.I just jumped in to talk about Filters and Hi-Jack this mofo!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast