Thread: Shareaza Is Fast For Me

I had speed issues with shareaza when i was using the older versin.. since I downloaded the latest version I have enjoyed kazaa speeds.. I can max out my 512/256 on shareaza....

just so you know.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    There were server and discovery service improvements in the new version. You probably connecting to the right servers n0w
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    muchspl2
    did you change the default setting to kB&#39;s instead of kb&#39;s
    big difference in speed used to trick this less informed, kazaa and everything else for that matter uses kB&#39;s

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by muchspl2@17 February 2004 - 15:31
    big difference in speed used to trick this less informed, kazaa and everything else for that matter uses kB&#39;s
    yeah good point....i have to admit though the new version of shareaza has some good servers with it and im getting super fast speeds.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by spoony@17 February 2004 - 09:59
    I had speed issues with shareaza when i was using the older versin.. since I downloaded the latest version I have enjoyed kazaa speeds.. I can max out my 512/256 on shareaza....
    OK, how do u do that? I also have an ADSL 512 Kb/s connection (actually a 512/128, not a 512/256, but this does not make any difference in d/l speeds anyway), and yet I cannot even imagine getting speeds faster than 6-7 KB/s... Exceptions are d/ls that come from other Raza sources (isntead of ed2k clients) which can slightly top the 10 KB/s barrier, and torrent d/ls which can occasionally be really fast (30+). Since the bulk of my d/ls comes from ed2k though (as this is where the most sources reside), I keep getting the shitty single-digit figures...

I used to have a 384/128 connection, and I have to say that as far as Raza is cooncerned, my recent update to 512/128 made no difference... Also, updating my client to 1.8.10.8 was also pointless as far as speed is concerned.

Right now, Raza has become my fourth choice as far as a file d/l is concerned: I first try bittorent (althought this runs through Raza, so one could count it as a Raza choice), then IRC, then K-Lite (if it is NOT an exe, because then full-of-fakes FT is ruled out), and if everythin fails, THEN I go to Raza (and get prepared to wait for days, or even weeks, to d/l my file).

The above might sound as Raza is not used by me almost at all: Yet this is not the case, as many times the former three protocols (BT, IRC, FT) do not have the files I want, with Raza always being a reliable source. So, it is like a bad medicine: I do not like it, but I get it&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    buckleys&#33;&#33;&#33;it tastes awful and it works&#33;
    a commercial in tv.

in Shareaza, it is not usual that u get fake files like in kazaa, that is if u get any files at alll&#33;
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    - Nightmare -'s Avatar Arch-angel
    I get some pretty decent speeds as well.

A while ago I had up to 200+ Kb/s in.

Now I&#39;m down to about 100-110 Kb/s.

It is time...

...for the end to be stopped.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by muchspl2@17 February 2004 - 15:31
    duh yes

i am maxing my connection 512/256 i.e i can dl 60KB/s no problem

fluctuates a lot though...