Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharing / Upload Required

Go's around comes around . Just keep Yours at UL bandwith at unlimited like I do . The more the better . You cant control what all these kids do. So why worry about it.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    !Great Idea! (i think)
    Set Your Username as Privacy_Patch_In_Use@kazaa
    if the person you was DLing off had a ounce of sence would realise not to block you.
    yey did i do good? B)

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Blue_Seraphim@7 March 2003 - 06:19
    Go's around comes around . Just keep Yours at UL bandwith at unlimited like I do . The more the better . You cant control what all these kids do. So why worry about it.
    No, it is BETTER to have upload bandwidth set to ~8-50kilobits/sec LESS than max for your connection -- otherwise your downloads will suffer (IMMENSELY on dial-up and ADSL) and even uploads will have lots of dropped packets and resends.

It may seem odd, but telling Kazaa to go fast but not TOO fast is faster than trying to tell it to go at 'unlimited' speed.

After all, you don't have an unlimited connection.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Thx for the tip. Ive tried it , ijust set it on the setting below unlimited and have noticed that i am uploading faster more often than b4.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Klona69@7 March 2003 - 14:41
    !Great Idea! (i think)
    Set Your Username as Privacy_Patch_In_Use@kazaa
    if the person you was DLing off had a ounce of sence would realise not to block you.
    yey did i do good? B)
    Hey, good idea! Better than my "IswearI'msharing!" idea!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    MischiefMaker
    I really don't want to be a leech...

However, I cant share at the minute...i've downloaded and re-installed k-lite twice and still no joy, despite checking I have files in my folder the message still tells me i'm not sharing

I've got 9000+ files I want to share, and yet if I download and someone checks, it looks like i'm a leecher.

I'm not worried bout the name calling etc - tis because I believe the whole philosophy behind file sharing and want to be part of it.

Anyone else having the same problem? Is there a cure? I'm convinced it must be a bug in the prog...but then I cant believe everyone else is not having the problem

(And yes file sharing is enabled )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12