Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Messenger 6.1 Restarts My Pc

i dont need other progs. I want msg6.1 to work on my computer!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Try system restore for before this happened

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Lite@19 February 2004 - 13:08
    Try system restore for before this happened
    That's not possible cause it happened right from the start. (i guess there is no system-restore-info from before the C-format.)

Shut up, i know my english is bad!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Filesharinghelp.com
    there should be a restore point, because as soon as windows first boots up one is created.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Lite@19 February 2004 - 12:38
    there should be a restore point, because as soon as windows first boots up one is created.
    That is false. windows does not set any system restore point when it starts up at all.

System restore points have to be set manually unless you have something like System Restore.exe in your start folder or "Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" folder which you still have to place there manually.

A system restore would be a waste of time unless they can remember exactly when they set their last system restore point and if they cant then it would cause more problems setting the computer back to an undesired state.

Msn messenger 6.1 obviously sucks as bad as all the previous versions but if you insist on screwing your box up in the process of getting it to work then go right ahead

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by shn+19 February 2004 - 21:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 19 February 2004 - 21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@19 February 2004 - 12:38
    That is false. windows does not set any system restore point when it starts up at all.

System restore points have to be set manually unless you have something like System Restore.exe in your start folder or "Documents and Settings&#092;All Users&#092;Start Menu&#092;Programs&#092;Startup" folder which you still have to place there manually. [/b][/quote]
    No, the first time ever windows boots up a restore point is mad.... "System Checpoint"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    System Restore creates restore points according to the following system events, user actions, or time intervals.

Installing an unsigned device driver&nbsp; Installing an unsigned driver causes System Restore to create a restore point.

Installing System Restore compliant applications&nbsp; Installing an application that uses Windows Installer, or Install Shield Pro version 7.0 or later, causes System Restore to create a restore point.
    Unless one of thoose has occured then the restore point is pretty old.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    The last time msg6.1 worked was before the format, so every restore point is useless.

Shut up, i know my english is bad&#33;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12