Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Messenger 6.1 Restarts My Pc

I dl'ed messenger 6.1 and everytime i open it my computer shuts down and restarts again.

I have XP and i allready uninstalled msgPlus! cause i thought it had something to do with that. wrongly.

Shut up, i know my english is bad!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Remove it. Copy and paste the command below in a run box

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

or download the file below. Youl need to right click and "save as"

Remove messenger Remove Windows Messenger
    © Doug Knox - 3/30/02
    http://dougknox.com/

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Filesharinghelp.com
    shn, MSN Messenger and Windows messenger are two different apps..... If you have SP1 installed windows messenger can easily be uninstalled by using "add or remove windows componants" (or whatever its called)

KeyserH, make sure all previous versions of msn messenger are uninstalled before installing. Do you have admin privalges on your machine? Do you get any error messages?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    My bad

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    It can be from your modem drivers. They sometimes restart my computer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Lite@17 February 2004 - 22:18
    KeyserH, make sure all previous versions of msn messenger are uninstalled before installing. Do you have admin privalges on your machine? Do you get any error messages?
    there is no administrator on my computer. so i guess there are no privileges.

no error messages, at startup the pc starts scanning the disks (like usual after crashing)

so, if i understand this right, i have to uninstall all messenger components on my pc and than install msg6.1?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    nope, still crashes after installing msg6.1

The other messenger (installed with XP, i guess) worked fine (now its uninstalled, dough)

i didnt have this prob with 6.1 before my motherboard got changed and i reinstalled everything.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Did you format after installing the new motherboard? Did you uninstall all all the previous set of drivers?

Windows Messenger is the "messenger" program that comes bundled with XP - it sucks

Edit: Dude your sigs to big

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i didnt install it all. the computerstoreguy did. so i have no idea what has been changed. I know there is a new motherboard and my c-drive was formatted. The guy installed XP.

edit: ps: i had a small version of this sig, but than the board asked to upload my sig and i used the big one. if they permit that upload ...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Try trillian pro or something else. I've never used it but a lot of other members here are knowledgeable with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast